“Awesome”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
London, Canada
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We had a steak and onion sandwich and it was SO huge! Very tasty. Had a meatball sandwich and it was delicious. Also had the Greek salad and it was good too. It's a sandwich shop with paper napkins and plastic cutlery but well worth a visit. Fresh ingredients and made to order. Try it, you won't regret it!

London, Canada
“My parents love this place, so I _had_ to try it....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

I was intrigued by the understated name, the outdoor seating mounted out front iwhere one would ordinarily find parking, and the location in a strip mall in a transitional area of downtown London, so when my mother suggested we stop there for lunch, I was game. I was not disappointed.

While the decor and menu are minimalist, and the soccer game on the TV a little louder than I would have preferred, there's no arguing with the quality of the food. Like the sign says: Hot Italian Sandwiches. You have the option to order yours "mild, medium, or spicy" -- I went for spicy -- and with just the meat (steak, eggplant, meatballs and chicken are all options) or with the works. I, of course, took the works.

While the Muffuletta from Central Grocery in New Orleans remains my favorite Italian Sandwich of all time, these (and those from Foods of Italia in Lyndenhust, NY) remain a close 2nd -- and for a place in London, Ontario to compete with Long Island made this expat very, very happy!

• Visited September 2013
London, Kentucky
“Great huge sandwich”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Its gonna cost you a little more than any sub shop but you are in for a great treat. I had the chicken extra hot. Wow. Flames and the salvia drooling out of my mouth to put it out. Probably the best chicken sandwich ever. I will be going back

• Visited August 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Best Meatball Sandwich Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stopped by a little strip mall restaurant yesterday to have my first Hot Italian Sandwich. My wife had been tell me how good they were and they certainly lived up to the hype. I had a meatball sandwich with medium spicy sauce, provolone cheese and peppers. The sandwich was huge in size and big on flavour. It was medium spicy as advertised but that was still pretty zippy and I like spicy food. The restaurant is more of a food catering manufacturing facility than a sit down restaurant but there are about a dozen seats to grab quick lunch. The word is that the veal and chicken sandwiches are very good as well as cannoli desserts (that looked awesome) so I know what to try the next time.

• Visited February 2013