“So good!! It's worth the caloric splurge!”
Review of The Early Bird

The Early Bird
Ranked #39 of 1,053 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“So good!! It's worth the caloric splurge!”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I just went here for lunch today after hearing about it from some co-workers. I ordered the 'popper' grilled cheese- very yummy! I loved the fact that the grilled sandwich was "dry" and not greasy on the outside. My friend ordered the BMT and she loved it too. Would definitely go back! Love the unpretentious atmosphere. :)

• Visited October 2013

“Best sandwich I have ever had!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I are trying to branch out and try some new smaller restaurants around the city. I am a vegetarian and sometimes find it hard to find interesting foods other than salads to order when Im out. I ordered the beer battered tofu sandwich with the arugula strawberry, beet and goat cheese salad... AMAZING. It literally was the best sandwich I have ever had! My husband got the philly steak sandwich and really liked it (not as much as I loved my sandwich, but he was definitely not disappointed)... However he raved about the fries! We also ordered the perogie poutine which was pretty good. The atmosphere was awesome; I loved the decor and music! My only negative was that it was pretty expensive, however for that sandwich it was worth it haha!

London, Canada
“Satisfying lunch with friends”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We brought our Toronto friends here while they were visiting one weekend. They were impressed with the Early Bird & enjoyed their meal (which can be difficult, as Torontonians seem to think they live in a good food mecca or something).

The four of us all enjoyed our (large portion) lunches; mostly sandwiches, salads, and of course, a side of bacon-fried pickles!

I tried my first ever Pimm's Cup here & I loved it! Very fresh tasting & delicious. Perfect summer brunch drink.

We've been to the Early Bird many times & this certainly won't be our last! It's a "safe" pick to bring friends from out of town for a casual meal too.

• Visited August 2013
London, Canada
“Never Disappointed”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I'm never disappointed with my meals at the Bird. I go on regular basis and take friends and family here whenever they are visiting London. It's a great choice if you're looking for a casual restaurant with a cool vibe. Everything on the menu is priced under $15 and the meal portions are massive so bring your appetite!

My only complaint is that the restaurant is quite small and due to the popularity you sometimes have to wait for a table - they don't take reservations. I guess that just goes to show how excellent they really are!

Guelph
“Fantastic Food, great decor, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

4 of us went for dinner after previous attempts were met with a packed house and long waits...needless to say it was worth the wait and we all left VERY satisfied.
Service was great, seated immediately, water brought over without asking and orders taken in reasonable time to take in the menu. Server was knowledgeable with our questions about a dish, and recommendations.
Smoked Meat sandwich (x2) was fresh, rich, delicious and a wonderfully fresh and soft bun.
Maple B.S.T (grilled cheese) more than enough for a meal, tasty, rich maple flavour.
Beet & Arugula salad was huge, packed full of pancetta and chevre cheese, very tasty.
The sides of fries had a great seasoning, cooked just right, good portions and were delicious with malt vinegar.
The Bacon Fried Pickles were the fan favourite and big winner of the night with unanimous acclaim around the table. As odd as they sound, a giant pickle spear wrapped in bacon and quickly deep fried (no batter) definitely works! The garlic aioli was a bonus and good for dipping the fries in.

Not a morsel of food left on any plate, everything devoured with people full to the brim. No room for dessert, left extremely satisfied. Good value, fair prices for good portions and tasty food!

Would definitely recommend and plan to return.