“A true hidden gem in North West London”
Review of Porcino - CLOSED

Porcino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is the first time I have gone to Porcino's and it will not be the last. I had the seafood linguine and it was to die for (scallops and calamari were cooked to perfection, the shrimp was a little over cooked but didn't detract from the rest of the dish). The simple tomato sauce was uncomplicated and absolutely mouth watering. This is the first italian restaurant that truly reminded me of the food I had while in Italy. I do agree with the other reviews in regard to the tumbler glasses for the wine...I too would have preferred a wine glass but other than that....excellent service, excellent food/wine, devine dessert (try the raspberry cheesecake or the tiramisu). This is an experience that will be repeated again and again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have been to Porcino several times since it opened. The food has always been of very good quality and the service has been very good as well. The thin crust pizza is wonderful as well as the meat balls! The mushroom ravioli is one of my husbands favorites! We also split a Caesar salad when we go and it is also delicious! My only comment is the wine glasses, I would still prefer to have a traditional wine glass for my wine. I understand they are going for a more traditional feel, but personally I would prefer a stem as opposed to a tumbler. Regardless we will return! If you are looking for good quality and home made taste then this is the place to go! A wonderful addition to the neighbourhood!

1  Thank Cindersthecat
Reviewed January 4, 2013

i have been driving by this place for months and finally got the opportunity to go with a couple of friends. i didn't try the pizza but the risotto appetizer and the mushroom ravioli were wonderful. the wait staff was friendly and efficient. the chef came out to check on us and i saw him approaching other tables as well. i thought that was a nice touch. one of us had an unusual reaction to one of the dishes, nothing serious, but the chef sent out a "sweet treat" and i thought that was a nice (and not necessary) gesture. the price was great and i will be back to try the pizzas

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been to Porcino's 3 times and have enjoyed every meal! Cooked very well, great presentation, great variety. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The only thing I don't like are the wine glasses - reminds me of student days!
On the first visit, I had the organic greens with warm walnuts and rigatoni pasta with roast chicken - delicious! On the second visit, I had the salad with pears and gorgonzola followed by the mushroom raviolli. The salad was excellent, I was disappointed with only 8 raviolli, they were so tasty I could have had a double order! I was still hungry so ordered the 'banana chocolate crumble' - wish I hadn't! It was very hot (just out of the microwave?) and tasteless. On my third visit, I had the pear salad again and the rigatoni - tried and true. I skipped dessert.

1  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The only reason we tried this restaurant is because I had enjoyed a meal at the Porcino restaurant in Windsor. We couldn't decide what to get, so my husband and I split an order of pasta and a panini, and we really enjoyed both of them. Service was great. Ambiance is nothing to write home about, but we didn't mind. It's nice to have a good Italian restaurant so close to our home in Byron. We went a second time with the kids, but they were not sold on the gourmet pizza. (They would have been happier with frozen pizza, I'm afraid.) I hope they add a more traditional pizza to their lineup to keep my fussy ones happy.
Anyway, I am sure this place will get progessively busier as people hear about it.

1  Thank Kee14