“Evening of Celebration”
Review of Blu Duby

Blu Duby
Reserve with OpenTable
Blu Duby is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Canadian, American, International
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Located inside a beautiful heritage building with entrance off of 125 Dundas St and Covent Market Lane. 30 Second walk to the Budweiser Gardens. Exposed brick walls and solid maple bar add to the casual elegance you will find inside the Blu Duby. We are adjoining the Hotel Metro, a lovely boutique hotel with 20 rooms. In summer time we have a patio on Dundas St. Large appetizer menu available for
“Evening of Celebration”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Last Saturday a group of 8 family and friends went to Blu Duby for dinner. What a fabulous first experience! We were given a private nook within the restaurant, that was perfect. It was Londonlicious but you wouldn't know that by the portions or service. The food was very good and there were many varieties chosen. Not one negative comment! Service from the moment we entered the door until we walked out 2 1/2 hours later was exceptional. A big thanks for making the birthdays and anniversaries being celebrated in our group memorable. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014

“Lunch at the Blu Duby”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went for an office lunch -the waiter was really friendly and the service was quick as we had limited time. I had a fabulous chicken Panini with cheese and pears plus a great ceaser salad
The price was reasonable -No complaints from anyone in my party..

• Visited July 2014
London, Canada
“Nice but could be better!”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had reservations and were seated promptly although it took a while for the waitress to take our drink order it wasn't too bad. The restaurant is loud but tolerable. My meal (Salmon)and my daughter's meal ( stuffed chicken) was excellent although the vegetables were slightly under cooked. My husband order the Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp and it was not good at all. He is not a picky eater so he was not at all please. He is also not a complainer and would not send the meal back like I suggested. The noodles were thick and clumpy.....over cooked and tasteless. He also ordered some extra spice sauce on the side and never received it. Overall for the price we found it O.K. But with the amount of terrific restaurants in downtown London we won't be in a hurry to go back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Sheryl401
CherylDuby, Owner at Blu Duby, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank-you Sheryl. I believe I actually spoke to your husband that evening and you are correct he would not let me replace it for him. Our Pad Thai is one of our top sellers and it is a Malaysian version so it is not for everyone and sometimes we do make a mistake. Whenever we notice someone has barely touched their dish we always ask. We want everyone to enjoy what they ordered. I am very sorry his extra spice did not arrive - that is something we will mention in our next staff meeting. We know it is the little things that can make a big difference. We would like to invite you and your husband back as our guests. It is very important to us that you have an amazing experience.

Thank-you again,
Cheryl
London, Canada
“Food decent, wait staff too overbearing”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've eaten at Blu Duby on a number of occasions. For both lunch, and dinner. While the menu is a nice mix of everyday favourites and some fusion thrown in, I must admit, their wait staff are exceptionally annoying. It's like they are trying WAY too hard. I would have given them a higher score, if it weren't for the one gentleman (who the party I am with, always seems to be served by), wasn't the most annoying server I've ever encountered.

Perhaps, tone down the bravado a bit, and I can give a better score. I will continue to eat at Blu Duby, because I enjoy the local dishes, but honestly, I doubt I will tip 20% like I typically do at a restaurant, because simply, I don't feel the wait staff are doing a good job.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Loud K
CherylDuby, Owner at Blu Duby, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank-you for your candor in this review. Our goal is to have our guests enjoy every aspect of their visit. Please feel free, when you come again, to request an alternate server when you make the reservation. We have some very experienced, diverse and interesting personalities on the Blu Duby team and not everyone will appeal to every guest. We have many regulars who request their favorites and we are pleased to accommodate.

We appreciate your feedback.

Cheryl and Joe.
“Excellent menu, excellent quality, atmosphere is good. ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant doesn't have the most amazing atmosphere (a bit dark and the narrow layout feels claustrophobic) but that's the only downside. Excellent menu selections (for both meat eaters and vegetarians) and all the food we tried was excellent. Went for my birthday and incredibly glad I did. I had the portobello mushroom appetizer, the curried black bean cake entree, and the cheesecake for dessert and my partner had the mussels, steak as his entree, and the sorbet dessert. All were amazing! Service was also very good despite the fact that they were very busy.

1 Thank Linkj1987