“Right in the heart of the city!”

Ska-Nah-Doht Village and Museum
Ranked #33 of 80 things to do in London
Abbotsford, Canada
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Right in the heart of the city!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Once again, if you like to see how the native people lived way before the white man came, be sure not to miss this one. You can even take part in an archeological dig (great to teach kids). This year they have done some reno work on the site and it is better than ever.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank 1946HappyCamper

London, United Kingdom
140 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I saw the sign and went in, I was please that I did.
The site has a reconstruction of a village with a museum and films that you can choose to see.
I had a good walk around and was able to see a side of history that I knew little about.

Visited August 2013
5 Thank 1Bustrav
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Local Native Canadian Archeological Site and Museum”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I have gone a number of time with friends and family. There are "Dig" sites and also standing structures which you can enter and see how our local Native Canadians lived back when. It is very interesting. It is not small and not huge, but has enough to offer to make for an interesting visit. I found it amazing to know that this was right in my back yard.

Visited April 2013
6 Thank 680NancyL680
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“surprising visit”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

hidden gem - has nice museum and displays of native artifacts, also large warehouse of items and uptodate imaging technology - certainly worth a trip

Visited October 2012
6 Thank LondonsBest
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“My heaven on earth”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been photographing and visiting this lovely place for 25 years. I bring all my visitors from Europe and Canada to this place. The bridge is spectacular in the fall, when you can walk through the treetops. It would be perfect if there was a nice outdoor washroom for the hikers.

Visited May 2013