“Owner has a bad attitude”
Review of Villa Resto-Lounge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Villa Resto-Lounge
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Visually inspiring in its artistic design, the creative menu is a feast for the senses. A scintillating fusion of flavours is incorporated into a variety of appetizers, main dishes, and one of the most extensive gourmet pizza menus in the city, all catering to the lounge dining atmosphere.
London, Canada
“Owner has a bad attitude”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We should have known by the lack of clientelle on a Friday but this place won't last. The decor is lovely and the service very good. Its the owner that ruined our experience. We ran into a problem with what we had ordered as they ran out of the champagne we were drinking and staff tried to substitute it with some very cheap asti spumante level garbage. The bartender was doing fine explaining and apologizing and we would have been satisfied but the owner came and pushed her out of the way saying he would handle it. Right from the start he was 'up in my face' holding the receipt and asking if it was my name and my signature (duh, you do it by pin) and if I signed off on it I must have known what I was getting. Meanwhile the bartender is trying to tell him that it really did happen. I'm not sure what triggered this hostility but it was the wrong approach - very hostile and very 'don't you know who I am' attitude. Its too bad because I think this place could do well given the look . But it turns out its not really a place for civilized people looking to enjoy an evening with class. It caters to the biker crowd and young niteclubbers so will likely go under in a year.

• Visited October 2012