“Delightful Dining!”

Add it.
Pho Haven
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It is so nice to find a new dining location that has good food and good service. Everything was fresh and tasty. We will return!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Pho Haven is one of those restaurants where from its location (the Shoppers plaza at Wellington and Commissioners) you wouldn't be expecting much but - holy smokes, does this place make good food!

The decor is light and lovely, and the staff warm and friendly. Their mango chicken salad is pretty much the best thing I've ever eaten - I lived off it for a week during a kitchen reno. The mango was perfectly ripe, and the grilled chicken was juicy and had that "fresh off the grill" texture and taste. Absolutely incredible.

Their pad thai is (in my opinion!) the best in town, and I've made a point of trying it at as many restaurants as possible. The choices for spicy are "mild" or "spicy". I was hoping for something a bit mid-range, because I'm hoping to build up my spice tolerance and also because I find often when you order "mild" at an Asian restaurant, it turns out to just be "bland". So I asked for something in-between and they asked if I had had their mild before... when I said no, they've gave me a friendly sort of "you'll be fine". When it arrived - talk about kick!! It was absolutely flavourful and fantastic. It's an orange-coloured pad thai (so, more hot chilli sauce) versus a lot of the brown (sweet) pad thais you find elsewhere in town. Loads of peanuts and cilantro and lime, and the fried tofu was utter perfection.

Would happily recommend it to anyone!

1  Thank Morbheanna
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Pho Haven is located not far from my home so I was familiar with its location in a very busy plaza but we had never been before. It was recommend by a family member so we thought we would give it a go.

We had heard all about the Won Ton Soup . WOW the soup was a meal in itself. Lots of won ton and extra noodles could be ordered. This a defiantly a "must try". My husband and I both had the Pad Thai and were very pleased. The serving sizes are enormous so you will not be leaving hungry.

In addition to restaurant seating they seem to do a brisk take out business as well. No complaints here and we will certainly return.

1  Thank nannger
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went in with my wife for lunch.. She loves Pho

The pho was good..but the service was lazy and slow and laced with attitude. The server didn't care if we were there or not. They only time she wanted to server and be friendly was when the check was delivered and she wanted to help my wife with the interact machine to get her tip. Sad. Oh then she was on her toes when I think the boss or the bosses family came in, just as we left.

However, Pho was nice, but not cheap at 9 dollars for a large (I think). It should be 6.5 dollars for large.

I wont be back for a while. There are other close Vietnamese restaurants

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

They have the best wonton soup. Just the right amount of garlic. Good selection of dishes. Good portions. Clean and subdued setting. Good service.