“Best steak in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Earl's

Earl's
Ranked #67 of 1,048 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian, International
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best steak in London”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I have been here many times and have tried many items on the menu, mainly the steak with peppercorn sauce. It is seriously the best steak in London.

If you like steak, good service, and are willing to spend a bit more than average, this is the place for you!

Windsor, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were looking for a place with good food that wasn't a chain type restaurant. I was a little intimidated by the ambiance thinking it would be fancy but meh food. I was glad to be wrong. My wife and I ordered burgers because that's what we both felt like. We were both very pleased. It was a little pricey but not outrageous. I would definitely go again. The only thing I didn't like was that their desserts were not made in house and the selection was minimal.

• Visited May 2014
“Great servers”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Spousal unit & I went out for dinner. We weren't interested in burgers or steaks so we opted for Pasta dishes. I have never had a more sticky fettuccini alfredo dish in my life... I ate most of it but it lacked a nice creamy, garlicky alfredo sauce. The pasta, although cooked al dente, was fine, it was the pasty sauce that was a turn off. The 4 average sized shrimp that came with it for an additional $4.80 or thereabouts seemed a little skimpy but were tasty. The partners entrée was a fettuccine dish with chicken & field mushrooms. The mushrooms were far from any field. The pasta was devoid of a tasty sauce & the chicken looked like pre packaged, pre cooked, deli sliced chicken strips & tasted about the same. The craft beer was good & cold. Chicken wings were tasty... they were a Tuesday combo special for $9.00. In this country & for the prices overall, I would expect a fresher, tastier dinner. It's not that hard to grill a fresh chicken breast or schnitzel & cut it in strips then toss it with the pasta & sauce. Needless to say, It was not the best food for the price. I will commend the staff. They were friendly, courteous, engaging and efficient. The atmosphere & décor were great. I'd go back for drinks & wings but that's about it. Now on to my next new experience!

• Visited May 2014
Ontario
“Great meal”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My friend and I had an early supper here on the weekend. The menu was nice and our server was extremely friendly. I had the soup, salad, and bread meal and I must say it was AMAZING. The soup was so delicious and the salad was so nice with nice warm pecans, crumbled cheese and yummy dressing Mmmmm my friend was even jealous of my meal. The bread was very oily but I just didn't have it and it didn't take away from the meal. Would definitely eat here again!

• Visited April 2014
“TYPICAL CHAIN RESTAURANT”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I keep wanting to like Earl's because the menu sounds interesting and moder and they do change it up, but it does not deliver. Three of us went for lunch on a Sunday. Ordered burger, fettucine and chicken tacos. We sat near the open kitchen so I could see our burger and fish tacos sitting and sitting and sitting,,,,, They were under the heat lamps for well over 5 minutes. Finally saw the cook plate the fettucine. Well needless to say, the over abundance of cabbage slaw on the taco was now warm and soggy and if there was one teaspoon of chicken between the two tacos, that would have been a miracle. The only dominant flavour was hot sauce. Nothing interesting about it and no one would have been able to identify it as chicken. It looked like Fancy Feast cat food. The fettucine was not creamy but really oily. The burger was typical. The sweet potato fries were good and the server was friendly if a little distracted. Earls seems to be very stingy with their dishes as far as showcasing the "star" of the dish. For the price, I should have had at least 1/2 a chicken breast on those tacos. Won't be going back.

• Visited March 2014