“Very surprised.”

The Morrissey House
Ranked #36 of 1,110 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1501233/restaurant/Ontario/The-Morrissey-House-London, phone number...(519) 204-9220
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We had the "small" nachos between 3 of us. The portion was so huge we ended up downsizing our dinner entrees to fish and chips (i was about to tackle a huge red meat thing, glad i didn't). Nachos tasted awesome, great toppings and perhaps home made nachos? My gf and her mom shared a 2 piece meal while i had a 1 piece. The waitress plated each of their meals the same (instead of making them share off 1 plate). That's good service. The batter was light and crisp and fries were good. Super friendly and huge list of beers. I had a cider. Good stuff, all these other reviewers below me hit it right on the nose. A London Gem.

2  Thank foodcoke

Reviewed November 15, 2012

This restaurant appears like it doesn't have a lot of seating but there are several rooms hidden from view. The menu is not extensive but there is a good selection of food. I had the Cottage Pie which was excellent. It was a filling and tastey meal. I will definitely check out The Morrissey House next time I'm in London.

3  Thank jflvly
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in London for two weeks for work and visited twice because it was so good.

Originally when I walked it, it was difficult to see any seating so I walked out. At the front door, a man said to go back in because it was worth it. Boy, I'm sure glad I did.

I had the Cottage Pie the first visit and the Meatloaf on the second visit. Both were soooo good and at a great price.

Great choice for dinner.

1  Thank Stang32
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Read the reviews here on TA and was not disappointed! I had the lamb gyro with a side of spicy African soup. My friends burger looked amazing and huge and fresh and another friend ordered off menu; which the waitress and kitchen happily accommodated...you don't see that too much anymore. They pour a fine pint of Guinness too. Well done folks! I'll be back!

2  Thank Chris O
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband and I decided to try this restaurant based on all the great reviews on TA. We were not disappointed. The food is great, beer choice fantastic and the service is awesome. It's been a long time since we've been to a place that we got such great value. The prices can't be beat. We'll be back!

2  Thank Todwad