“Cheap and Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Econo Lodge
Ranked #25 of 41 Hotels in London
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Cheap and Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Excellent, clean and comfortable and close to downtown london and Viatrain Station. Convenience of WiFi service and the ability to print your airline boarding pass from the lobby at no charge and very reasonable rates. Very good dinning place. Highly recommend to anyone travelling and/or conducting business in the immediate area. Feel as if at home. Would definitely return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
buisnessman_12, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Hello Vijen,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our management and staff aims to do better with every guest that walks through our doors and your kind feedback allows us to continously be better and strive higher! I really apperciate you staying with us and I am glad we were able to assist you in any way you needed! Again, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I certainly hope to see you in the near future!

Sushila Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Reception area is clean and nice. Rooms are comfortable, just count your towels when you get to your room. The gentleman at reception though is very kind and helpful. If you don't have enough towels or have any questions about the city he is more than happy help you out. Overall, this hotel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our managment and staff really love hearing feedback from our guests as it helps us do a better job. We are glad that any problems you may have had were quickly resolved. Hopefully you enjoyed your stay with us as much as the city! I look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future!

Best regards,

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

A group of us rented 2 rooms for the weekend of Rock the Park. Mike the owner was amazing and let us into the breakfast room when it was about to close. It is a budget hotel so its reasonably priced, the rooms are clean, the staff are friendly and the breakfast was good. It had everything we needed at a great price. Will definately go back. Thanks Mike see you next year!

Room Tip: Just be a little quiet at night as the hall monitor wont let you make noise!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Christal R
Hello Christal,

I am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the EconoLodge. Mike and I were thrilled to have such wonderful guests and we are happy we were able to accomodate you as best as we could! Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend at the Rock the Park and I personally hope to see you next year!

Montreal, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed here for one night. I have never posted a review for anything before but this was such a bad experience that i had to share, and warn the rest of you. Our bathroom had not been cleaned from the previous guests, i know because there was stuff of the brown color in and around our toilet, hair everywhere including the shower wall and sink. Toothpaste spit from the pevious guest was also still in the sink. This being said i would have rather slept in the bathroom as it was the cleanest part of the room. Our sheets were definitely not washed, they smelt like old man and had giant stains everywhere. The icing on the cake were the giant white crusty circular stains on the chair, someone clearly did thier business at the desk. We read on our welcom card that satisfaction is thier top priority and to let the front desk know of any issues. When i told the nice man at the front desk our problem his answer was "our rooms are clean". When I asked him if he would like to come see he said "I do not need to, our rooms are all clean". I asked why he thought I would lie to him about these issues and he started to yell at me from behind the front desk infront of everyone in the lobby "F... YOU, GO STAY AT A 5 STAR HOTEL OR BETTER YET A 10 STAR WOULD BE BETTER FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU." Hmm people like me, well if anyone else out there is like me and prefer to not have j.zz stains on thier chairs then the manager of this hotel does not want you there. Stay away.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank mike g
buisnessman_12, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Firstly, thanks for staying with us at the Econo Lodge Hotel. We strive to ensure all our guests have a great experience. We appreciate all constructive feedback and do our best to incorporate the suggestions efficiently and promptly to enhance your visit.

We value every comment and act to rectify ALL issues;
We take pride in our Guest Services, room inspections and upgraded amenities. We showcase our hotel to any one any time (unannounced ) We have not had a guest have such a horrible experience ever since we took over as new owners so therefore I am shocked and want to strive to make every guest happy.

We not only addressed all issues raised by Mike but we took intiative to speak to and fire the front desk worker that gave you a lot of attitude. He has been giving us many problems and hopefully this is the end to our bad customer service. I sincerely invite Mike back to the Econo Lodge Hotel so we can show you that our rooms are clean and comfortable.

If I am given a chance, I would love to personally discuss and apologize to you, Mike g. Our phone number is 519 433 8161.

Thanks again and have a pleasant journey. The hotel and its staff is sending positive vibes your way!
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This is an average budget hotel that was clean, convenient and felt safe (despite being next to a nightclub that was a tad loud at closing time at 2am). The front desk clerk, Mike P., was very polite and helpful! The wifi is a bit shotty for cell phones down in the breakfast room, but accessible. The only thing I'd change is to include something gluten free with the cont breakfast other than fruit. :(

Next time we go to Sunfest, we'll be staying here! It's walkable by 10 blocks to Victoria Park; or $5 to park downtown.

Room Tip: make sure you have all amenities. We didn't have a microwave in our room but our friends did...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello,

Thank you very taking time out of your day to write a review for our business. I really apperciate the kind words about our staff and your stay with us at the EconoLodge as our cheif goal is to provide guests with great hospitality and great service. ! I hope you enjoyed your time at Sunfest and hope we can provide everything you need upon your next visit with us! We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

What I love most is excellent customer service. Every time I am in London for work, I usually stay here because they provide great service. I recommend Econo Lodge to everyone who needs a place to stay whenever they are in London!

Room Tip: Good rooms for a good price!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sushila P, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello Frank,
Thank you for taking your time to write a review for our business. We really appreciate the effort you made to let future guests know about your experience at the hotel. Our main goal is to provide guests with hospitality and great service. I hope to see you soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I attended my cousin's wedding in London 2 weeks ago and my wife and I stayed at this hotel, there arent a lot of bells and whistles but the rooms were clean, breakfast was good and the gentleman who worked the front desk during the day that weekend was fantastic, very approachable about anything and willing to try to help, a definite plus for any hotel. If we ever go back to london again I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sushila P, Owner at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We really love hearing feedback from our guests as it helps us do a better job. We do our best to make every guests stay as pleasant as it can be. Hopefully you enjoyed the wedding you attended that weekend and I personally hope to see you soon.

Mike Patel