“It was alright but now there is a problem”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 24, 2012

It was an alright stay. Myself and my boyfriend bought a groupon online because it was a good deal. The groupon was already paid for, we get to the hotel and have to pay a $50 deposit. I thought this was crazy since it was already paid for. They had us booked for the wrong day and the room smelt horrible. The only good thing about this hotel is clean rooms, and free breakfast. I still haven't got the $50 back on my account at all. I guess you get what you pay for, I won't ever stay here again though. It was a close walking distance to the casino and downtown which was great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Ashley G
Brad S, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

To Ashley G,
Thank you for taking the time to review our business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations! Providing our guests with the best hospitlaity and service is our mission. We have addressed the staff about the room odour and spoken to the employee in question. Please give me a call at your earliest convienence and I will investigate the issue regarding the security depoist. We hope to hear from you very soon and wish you the very best and a Happy New Years!
Best Regards,
Mike Patel

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great prices, and nice clean rooms. My fiancé and I decided to stay here because we were in the process of moving, but hadn't quite moved into our new home yet. This place has a very nice location as it is just a walk away from the downtown core. The cleaning attendants as well as the owners were very accommodating, lovely people. The service was absolutely wonderful, if you need anything, they will always do their best to accommodate you. Their continental breakfast room was beautiful, clean, and had a lot of different food to eat! Their prices are also very affordable, which came in handy for a young couple like us. This was an excellent experience all around, and would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for clean rooms and great service at affordable prices. Thank you Econo Lodge for an enjoyable experience!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacqueline M
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Jacqueline M,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at Econolodge. We all do our very best to make sure that each and every guest is at home when they are with us. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you enjoy your new home and that the mpve went well. Thank you again for staying at the Econolodge!!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wonderful service! The hotel manager was very friendly and made our stay a great one. He insured we had everything we needed and more:) deffinetly coming back to stay in this hotel again me and my friends felt super comfortable and loved the good price of this hotel. Thank you for a wonderful birthday experience, we all really enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed: November 2012
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Good Morning kellymccann,

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us on your birthday!! Our management team works diligently to make sure that each and everyone of our guests are comfortable at all times. Again I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My mother booked a 5 night stay at this hotel as my father was having surgery at a London Hosptial. They offered my mom a better rate due to this. And they also upgraded her to a suite. I came and stayed with her one of the nights. He suite was better than an average room. It was nice to have a living room to sit and visit. (instead of sitting on the bed all the time).
They got my mother a fridge to keep food and drink cold which was nice.
This hotel is a good location if you want to visit downtown london, but not pay the high price of some of the hotels. You are probably 1/2 a mile from downtown. The bed was good, and so was the shower. Everything was clean, but the carpet and furnashing was a little outdated.
My only complaint about this hotel (and it's not the hotel,,,,) it was the traffic going by all night that i could hear. Not to mention the fire trucks, via rail and police sireans. I guess that is what you get when you are close to the city. I'm from a small town.
And for those of you looking for adult entertainment, the Beef Baron is right next door. LOL

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Heather M
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Good Evening Heather M,

I was very happy to hear that you and your mother enjoyed your stay with us. It is unfortunate to learn your mother was here to go to the hospital however this is why we have special rates to help ease the burden of such trips. I hope all is well with both you and your mother.
I would like to apologize that your suite furnishings were not quite up to your standards however I would like to assure you that we are updateing all of our rooms with new paint, carpet and furnishings but can only do a few rooms at a time. I do hope that you stay with us again on your next visit to London and I again hope that all is ok with your mother. Thank you for choosing the Econolodge London!!

Sincerly,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

The place is quite unassuming from the outside, but I was pleased enough to return and bring people along the second time.

The carpet was a little worn down in one of the rooms I stayed in, but otherwise the rooms were nicely furnished and clean. More importantly, the bathrooms were well-appointed, quite spacious and also spic-and-span.

In-room wireless worked great -- always a plus.

Complimentary breakfast was self-serve continental and does the trick.

Only downside is the location, I suppose. It's within walking distance to things, but pretty much neighbours with a gentlemen's club. That said, I felt safe checking in alone, burdened with too many bags and late at night and I didn't notice any public debauchery or anything, so don't get the wrong idea.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank 2DallahChow
Brad S, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear 2Dallahchow,

I am very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay. It is always great to hear how we are doing! I would like to let you know I am sorry that the carpet was a little worn in your room however I would like to advise you that we are undergoing extensive renovations and are replacing all the carpet in all rooms. Again I am sorry however I am very happy that the cleanliness of your room was up to your standards. We hold our room attendants to the highest standard when it comes to cleaning and I will be sure to pass on your review so that they can kn ow to how they are doing.
Finally as you mentioned, unfortunately we can't choose what buisnesses are around us however we do our very best to make sure that the hotel and the property are the safest they can be for our guest. the health and safety of our guests are the most important thing to us and we are very happy that you felt safe during your whole stay.
Again thank you for staying with us at the Econolodge and we hope to see you next time you are in London.

Happy Travels,

519-433-8161

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My partner and I have stayed at this place several times over the years and have seen a definite improvement under the new ownership.
While it was never really bad, it was a tad "worn around the edges" but the new management is changing that in a big way.
The price is still very good and the staff is very accommodating. The room we had last week for two nights had recently been redecorated and with the curtains drawn, we could have been in any Holiday Inn or similar. Awesome shower water pressure, clean room and friendly staff. The location of the hotel is good, being very near the places one would want to visit, like downtown, theatres, museums, good restaurants and such, but the neighbourhood is an old one and frankly not the best, but this is not the fault of the hotel. Since we are not eating and sleeping in the (well-lit) parking lot, then we do not care about the outer surroundings. The bonus is the proximity to the entertainments we were in London to enjoy, the price and the experience of being away from home. We will continue to stay here when in London but will enjoy our visit more now than we did before.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
LondonTourism, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Robin M,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review about the Econolodge. i am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is great that you got to stay in one of our newly renovated rooms. As you can see throughout the hotel we are doing extensive renovations throughout all the common areas as well as the rooms. Unfortunately as you know we don't get to choose the companies around the area but we do our very best to make sure that there is no unfavorable people in the hotel or on the property. We do have cameras in the parking lots and we regularly monitor them as well and don't seem to have any issues. We are very well located and again we are very happy that you found this convenient for you. We hope to see you the next time you travel through London.

Sales 7 Marketing Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved the atmosphere at this hotel the management was very inviting and gracious . It was a great price compared to all the expensive hotels downtown and the service was great. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The best part was the complimentary breakfast. The location was also great and close to many attractions. I had a great time with family and friends and made memories that will last last. I would advise anyone to go to this hotel .

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Good Evening Priya P,

I am extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Econolodge. We strive to be your hotel of choice. Our housekeepers are very thorough and our management team is always here to help in anyway we can. I know we get many of our guests stating that they are happy with the breakfast provided and our great location. Again I would like to thank you for letting us know how we are doing and we hope to see you next time you are in London.