“We hoped for better from a non-franchise” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolcetto

Dolcetto
Reserve with OpenTable
Dolcetto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,043 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Southdale
Description: Dolcetto serves traditional, house-made authentic Italian cuisine in a casual atmosphere in London, Ontario.
London
“We hoped for better from a non-franchise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We really try to support he local community and when we go out we have found that we enjoy locally owned and operated restaurants better. Unfortunately in this case we appear to be wrong. We intentionally waited for several months after their grand opening to allow them to work-out the bugs; they still have work to do. The prices are on the top end of the scale for the area; certainly higher than they should be for the experience we had. The food portions are average. The menu is limited. It can be found on their web-site (http://dolcettoristo.com/). The preparation and presentation was also average. The quality was good although all our meals appeared to be overcooked. The wine list was also on the expensive side and unfortunately didn't include anything local. The facilities are clean and bright, although on the loud side. We had difficulty hearing the server. The weather was too chilly to sit on the patio but it looks beautiful with the full opening windows on the front of the building.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Toronto, Canada
“"Not the best experience"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

A few locals gave us some rave reviews on this place- however London is a smallish city and this place is considered good for Italian food. Not so much. Pastas are regular tasting, nothing special, either with sauces or preparation. Bread and the usual oil and balsamic dressing is brought to your table to kick things off, then you are on your own. Veal, chicken, all deep fried. Nothing special, but if you want a spot which is "pretty", the owners have done a nice job on the restaurant itself. The food however leaves a lot to be desired and we encountered something with the food we'd rather not mention here. In any case, this will not be a favourite spot, but we may try it again. This was the second time and the first time we went, we ended up sending one of the meals back because it was undercooked. I am not sure about this restaurant. Wines seem to be good, the place is nice, inside and out, but the menu is not the greatest. Service was good too, its impossible not to mention how attentive servers and managers became once problems became identified. I would suggest you try it, to judge for yourself.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rotex29
London, Canada
“Not much above average...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

... But a couple of things below expectation. This was our first visit to this restaurant.
Arrived at 6:00 pm for dinner and was a little surprised to find the restaurant less than half full so we were seated right away. The hostess seating us, apart from asking our seating preference, didn't engage us with any conversation.

Our server arrived after about 5 minutes which was disappointing given it really wasn't too busy at all. Ordered our drinks and were ready to order our entrees by the time the drinks arrived. The wait time for the meal to arrive was reasonable and I must say the portion size was impressive and helped justify the hefty price. The quality of the food was decent although we both detected a strong presence of salt in our meals.

Overall we weren't overly impressed with this dining experience. We were quite surprised and disappointed as well to find a $4.00 charge for the sparkling water of which I had a single glass from the one litre bottle that was delivered. Our server failed to mention this charge when offering the choice between the still and sparking water options.

In closing, we won't be heading back to Dolcetto any time soon. :-(

D&J

2 Thank juanna312
“Bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We ate at this restaurant last weekend. During our meal a manager spilled my wife's entire drink on her. It was simply laughed off with no compensation for our meal or anything. I emailed the restaurant with feedback but they simply ignored my email and to date I have not received a response. Poor customer service. I feel that the sign of a good restaurant is how they deal with issues. Dolcetto does this poorly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank T0Sh55
“Nice evening...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I met some friends here for an evening of food, wine and laughs. We weren't disappointed. This was our first visit and I'll certainly give this place another try.

We started with 2 appetizers, the prossuito and the risotto. Both were tasty.
For my main, I had the shells and hot italian sausage and my wife had the pollo. We were both pleased with our dishes. Our friends had the veal parmigiana and a pasta dish with mushrooms. They too were pleased with their choices.

For dessert, we shared the tirimisu and our friends had canolli. No complaints on either.

Overall, I'm certain we will return, but the overall cost for the two of us was a bit pricey at $100 for the two of us, not including the tip.

The overall atmosphere was very comfortable but a bit noisy. I'd like to go back in warmer weather when the doors are all open.

• Visited September 2013