“Our "go to" spot”

Dining options: Reservations
London
“Our "go to" spot”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The best over all place for a fun night. The food is great and the service wonderful. It is right at the JLC so going to concerts is easy. Can't beat the salmon.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank johnbalmer

Hamilton, Canada
“Fantastic Food and a wonderful dining experience”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

I am surprised that there have not been any reviews on the restaurant. I noted that there are some reviews with respect to the "Casa" restaurant- it is the same restaurant however the name of this gem of a dining experience is La Casa ristoranti.

This restaurant has been in business for decades and having just dined there, I can see why it has endured all of these years. Simply Fantastic!

If you read my reviews, one can get a sense that I am very critical of restaurants but I have to say that this is one of the BEST italian restaurants that I have been to in a long time.

The food was , in a word, excellent! I had the angel hair pasta with seafood, shrimps, scallops in a light garlic mixture. It was simply amazing, and we are not talking about 2 or 3 shrimps thrown into the dish, but at least a half of dozen with many scallops and vegetables, all for less than $20. My starter was minestrone soup, and even my dinner companion claimed that it was the best minestrone soup she ever tasted- and she does not like minestrone! I agree with her assessment.

My companion had the veal scallopini, prepared to perfection. The sauce on the veal was simply amazing. My companion wanted to get the recipe! She was unsuccessful but that was to be expected!

We were both simply satiated by the exquisite food, the presentation, taste and the wonderful service. We didn't have any wine, but were told that the selection is vast.

We would have sampled desert but were too full from the starters and the entree.

This restaurant is highly recommended, trust me on this one! We will be back to enjoy a wonderful dining experience in the near future!

• Visited April 2012
“Lovely Italian dinner”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

Food was well cooked and absolutely delicious.
The server hovered a little too much but did give good service

Visited October 2011
canada
“Disappointing”
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I've gone by this place a number of times and always wanted to try it. I had a tomato napoleon to start and it looked good at first but it lacked flavour and seasoning and the tomatoes were mushy and seemed old. I had the fish and it was over cooked. The olive tapenade didn't taste good and I had to scrape it off but the flavor still remained. For dessert I went with the creme brulee. The sorbet was melted and the sugar was burnt beyond what is reasonable to expect from a brulee.

London, Canada
“Good food”
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The food here was really good! We went when it was Londonlicious. It was very busy and took over an hour to be seated. The bartender was okay. He really didn't know of any "fun" drinks to make. Another employee made us some Polar Bear shots and wow those went down sooo smooth. All in all its an intimate dining experience with good food, service could improve a bit.