“Great B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Woodfield Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 11 London B&B and Inns
Oscoda
“Great B & B”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at the Woodfield in London on May 14 and 18 enroute to and from our grandaughters RIT graduation. One of the BEST B & B's we have stayed at. The owners bent over backward to make our stay as pleasant as could be. If we ever travel that way again we will surely stay with them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Just spent the weekend at the Woodfield B&B with my two friends. We all agree that this is the best B&B we have ever stayed at. Anne went out of her way to make us feel right at home and was THE most caring and attentive proprietor we have ever encountered. She and Damian served wonderful breakfasts with an abundance of fresh fruit, cereal and a choice of delectable hot entrees. The whole house is so tastefully and beautifully decorated. The bedrooms are elegant yet oh, so comfortable. We were impressed by the many extras that are rarely found in B&Bs.eg. numerous hooks in the bathrooms, an extension cord, spa-quality toiletries, ample sturdy hangers in the closets, luggage racks, extra towels. The bed linens are of such good quality and so luxurious.
Anne knew we were celebrating birthdays and had sparkling wine and chocolates on the dresser upon our arrival. She anticipated our every need, providing a lovely pitcher of cold water while we chatted and sang on the front porch. She even served us tea and cookies each afternoon. In the evening she had the kettle full and ready for us to make our own pot of tea...such a nice and thoughtful touch.
Anne helped us choose restaurants on both nights and even made reservations for us. We thoroughly enjoyed both of these dining experiences. The B&B is in a perfect location....close to Richmond Row, and The Grand Theatre, yet set in a lovely, quiet, charming neighbourhood. It was a real treat to stay at the Woodfield. I just can't say enough good things about Anne and Damian and their gorgeous home. I hope to return soon.
Rosemary MacNeil, Waterloo ON

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I made my reservation to stay at the Woodfield B&B knowing that I was going to be exhausted when I arrived -- a marathon drive from Atlanta, GA -- and I really didn't want to stay in a bland motel.

I arrived early in the evening, and the instant Anne greeted me at the door I knew I had made a splendid decision! I had brought the basics for a light dinner with me (PB&J) which I was planning to slap together, but Anne insisted that I accept her offer to turn it into a proper meal. She got me settled in the cozy living room with a book and my computer, and I was able to unwind from a long day on the road in the next best thing to home.

The architecture of the B&B is visually appealing, interesting in its detail, and comfortable in every way. My room was tastefully decorated, spacious and as comfortable as the rest of the house. Everything was spotlessly clean. The bed was great, shower was perfect, neighborhood was quiet, and I had a restful night's sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious with many choices, an elegant presentation, and more food than I could possibly have eaten. As I was just passing through London on this trip, I only was able to enjoy one night at the Woodfield, but I look forward to my next visit and will try to find an excuse to stay longer.

Room Tip: I stayed in the West Room and was perfectly comfortable. While I believe this is the smallest of the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We have stayed at Woodfield B&B on numerous occasions since discovering this gem just over a year ago, and every time we leave feeling refreshed and pampered. Anne and Damian are warm and welcoming hosts who have a natural knack for making guests feel at home. The breakfast options are many and customizable (and plentiful!). They will work around food allergies - gluten-free toast is even an option - and the meals are always delicious. The rooms are all sumptuously appointed, meticulously cleaned and supplied with both staples and luxuriant toiletries/linens. The house itself is a grand home, full of character and old-world charm that has been clearly lovingly restored. We have stayed in our fair share of B&Bs, and Woodfield is definitely our favourite. It is also such great value. We look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I just spent a week at the Woodfield B&B. My room was cozy and comfortable as was the lounge area. The bar fridge in the common area was always well stocked and the breakfast each morning was wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to a friend.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here during the week of World Figure Skating in London. The hosts Anne and Damian are very warm and will make sure you are very welcome and comfortable. The room was beautifully furnished with ensuite bathroom, luxourious linens, towels and bathrobe. Anne always turned the fireplace on in my bedroom before I came home to make for a cozy atmosphere. A menu was supplied with ample choices for breakfast, served in the great dinning room. Damian prepared delicious meals well presented while Anne served and made sure your coffee was refilled at all times. A small fridge in the dinning room is always stocked with water, juice and yogurt for the guests. I enjoyed my stay and would visit again if I am in London. I thank you Anne and Damian for making this week very enjoyable.

Jackie K

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kinja721
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Woodfield! Anne and Damian were wonderful hosts. The breakfast was so amazing and beautifully prepared. My wife and I were there only for one night, and we stayed in the Dufferin Room (with ensuite tub/shower). Easy walk to the Grand Theatre and when we got back, our hosts had prepared a nice birthday treat for my wife. Doing the little things and going the extra mile are really appreciated! We would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple