“Best cajun meal I have ever had”
Review of Jambalaya Restaurant - CLOSED

Jambalaya Restaurant
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Jambalaya" represents a celebration of World Cultures expressed through an eclectic mix of food, music, colour and the arts.Chef Kevin Greaves invites you to choose from a menu of his favourite picks from the Caribbean, Thailand and Malaysia to the Creole backwoods of Louisiana. An infusion of warm colours and worldly collections combined with contemporary/retro-afro decor will add to your dining experience
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We found this restaurant on Groupon and decided to try it. We enjoy Cajun food and the chef did not disappoint us. The meal was amazing and tantalized the palet. The atmosphere was quaint and the service was unbeatable. We will definately go back again and hope people who enjoy an exquisit and flavourful meal, will give it a try.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

If you are looking for great experience for your taste bud, this is the place to go. They an excellent array of meals that will just satisfy your hunger. Can't complain about the service. They excellent cooks and very nice service. Very friendly atmosphere. Just try this restaurant and I can guarantee you will come back and back and back for more. Price is amazing and can't complain about the portion.

I have been in a lot of restaurant. Can't compare.

Arch from London, originally from Toronto

CalmerLondonON, Chef at Jambalaya Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Cheers Kevin G

Reviewed September 9, 2013

If you want to experience Caribbean dining, Jambalaya is the place to go. The staff is friendly and eager to please. The chef definitely knows what he is doing. We took friends from out of town to sample some food, and we all ordered something different. Each of our meals were prepared to our satisfaction, all tasting different and unique. I ordered 'spicy', which went well with my beer, but next time, I think I might stick with 'medium' spice. Food service was prompt, hot and delicious. Will definitely go again!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Usually I go to a restaurant more than once before I write it off but my Friday dinner there was comically bad. It took them over an hour to serve us gumbo and a salad with jerk chicken and we had to flag the guy down to get a drink. This is not a large restaurant and I could see the two staff were really just walking around aimlessly. As far as the food, the chef's version of gumbo was just bad, it tasted kind of like a browning sauce and it was salty to the point that I couldn't finish it. The jerk chicken was brutal, it was over cooked to the point of murder and again salty beyond belief.

I would never go back there are way better restaurants downtown that don't need to buy a clue.

2  Thank Pen N
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Thank you for a great evening !! We purchased a " group-on" to Jambalaya, a took friends out for the evening. Wonderful service ( just been kind to your server and they be extra kind back .... for those who have not figured that out yet ! )

Kevin , the owner , came to our table and greeted and thanked us for coming in. That's good service !! Very personable !
The food was incredible ....... highly recommend going and checking this place out !