“Such great service and delicious food!!”

Restaurant Ninety One
Ranked #55 of 1,052 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Welcome to your new casual fine dining destination in North London. We invite you to experience the warmth and charm of simplistic elegance, in a captivating natural setting. With delightful dishes of modern Canadian cuisine and exceptional service, our talented chefs and dedicated servers look forward to entertaining you as our guest. Come dine with us on Friday evenings and enjoy live jazz music.
London
“Such great service and delicious food!!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The service in the cafe was spot on. Our server Erin was so nice and helpful with food selection.

I will defiantly be back again!

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank Romantic_traveller87

London, Canada
“Superior Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The food is great and you have the feeling you are in an outside patio area, even though it is inside. Service is excellent.

• Visited June 2014
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

1 Thank Al H
WindermeresCafe, Windermere's Cafe & Banquet Manager at Restaurant Ninety One, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Al H,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal and our unique setting. We look forward to having you back again soon!

London, Ontario
“Love it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been to both the hotel and the cafe a number of times and have always had a great experience. The staff is friendly and the food is always good!

The hubby and I are currently planning our next visit. We plan to visit in a Friday night to enjoy dinner and some live jazz. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Marina5446
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“:disappointed and unhappy:”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

On July 5th we had lunch with two other couples at the Windermere Cafe who had come from out of town. One from Burlington and the other couple came from Goderich. I suggested the Windermere Cafe because of the atmosphere and we had enjoyed the food there in the past. We waited over an hour for our food to come which was surprising because they were not busy. Out of six people only one person said that there meal was satisfactory. I will comment on my meal only. I had a quiche that was so unappetizing and the crust so hard I could not even cut a piece of it. It came with a side salad that had obviously been dressed well in advance. I ate the salad because I was starving by this time.
Before we left I told them I was very upset with our service and food. One of the servers said I could talk to the manager but was informed that she was too busy and so she handed me her business card. I emailed the manager when I got home and told her our experience and disappointment. That was three days ago and have not had a reply. So along with bad service, bad food,I can also say bad manors.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank judi g
WindermeresCafe, Windermere's Cafe & Banquet Manager at Restaurant Ninety One, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Hello Judyg, Thank-you for sharing your experience with us. I am very unhappy to hear that your lunch in the Café was so disappointing.

Our Executive Chef, Kristian Crossen and I would love an opportunity to sit down with you to discuss your experience further. I can be reached at 519.858.1414 x 429

Burlington, Canada
“VERY Disappointed”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

On reading your recent reviews, I decided I must comment, as most reviwers seem to be happy with the service, location and even ( to my surprise ) the food. I also note that you are rated the 10th best in London!! We lived in London for over 40 years, and are familiar with the Windermere Cafe, having eaten here on several occasions, and enjoyed it.
This past weekend we were visiting good friends, and our hosts chose Windermere for lunch, we were happy, being familiar with its location and usually interesting menu. The six of us were seated in the screened patio, at a long table decorated with an itsy bitsy plant. Service was slow and was surprised scallops were "catch of the day" I always think of catch as fish.
My main reason for this review is because our dear friend felt she should apologise for the restaurants rather slow service and surprisingly ordinary food. The Quiche that our host was served was by far the worst plate at our table, not her fault the restaurants.
We have no idea why your service and food is so mediocre, obviously based on your reviews some days are better than others, my haddock chips were okay but not as good as I've had in a pub restaurant. The top choice at our table was my husband's steak . My memories of prior visits are of crab cakes and smoked salmon plates......where have they gone from the menu?
Hoping the manager will at the very least apologise to our friend who chose Windemere cafe for a lunch gathering of her out of town friends. In my opinion you need to ensure consistent service and food quality, rather than mediocre on some days.

• Visited July 2014
WindermeresCafe, Windermere's Cafe & Banquet Manager at Restaurant Ninety One, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello Maddysue, Thank-you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear your dining experience with us was less than exceptional. What you experienced during your time with us is certainly not typical and both your front of house and back of house concerns have been followed up with.

I'd love the opportunity to discuss your experience further. I can be reached at 519.858.1414 x 429.