“Excellent theatre”

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent theatre”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I find the Grand Theatre very suited for watching a live play. Every seat is a good view and even the balcony. The seats are very comfortable also. My family of 4 had box seats once but I wouldn't recommend because the view is from the side. Otherwise, I would highly recommend seeing live theatre at the Grand!!

Visited September 2012

Ontario
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Old, but still state of the art!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The seats are wonderful and comfy. A delightful small venue to see a play. It may be an old theatre but it does not show its age, very well maintained.

Visited October 2012
London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A true night in London”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

A true night out in London includes one of our excellent restaurants followed by a theatre show at the Grand.
We love going to shows and the staff at the theatre is always very impressive to us.
Shows are amazing every visit and we are glad to have such a great place to go in our downtown area.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank MMKM3537
London, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Nite at Theatre London Style”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Grand Theatre is a hallmark, really, in London. Performances are very well done and there have been none that I attended which I did not enjoy totally! Right downtown London surrounded with great restaurants, I have found it makes for a super night out.

Visited February 2013
London, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Venue but Weak Playbill”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Grand is one of the most beautiful theatres I have ever seen. A former opera house, it is quite intimate and cosy. The theatrical offerings are another matter, however. Under Robin Phillips as artistic Director from 1983-84 and then Martha Henry from 1988-1995 the plays mounted were excellent and this professional theatre company was second to none. Since then, however, the quality of offerings has declined precipitously and the playbill looks more like summer stock in a small town than the sort of theatre one would expect to see in Canada's 11th largest city.

Visited May 2013