“my facebook blog on tripadvisor.ca”
Review of Shmokey's BBQ - MOVED

Shmokey's BBQ
Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue
Description: Here at Shmokey's, we specialize in smoked brisket sandwiches, pulled pork sandwiches, smoked chicken, and anything else we feel like smoking, from ribs to wings to fish. Come in for our take on southern comfort food. We believe in big portions, big smiles and big messes. If you don't end up wearing part of your meal, you didn't eat it right. Shmokey's is a cash-only restaurant.
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Over the next few months I'll be trying Trip Advisors top ten of the 490 rated London restaurants. Tonight we went to number 1 as per the sites default settings. you can filter by price cuisine etc.
Shmokey Rob and sons Southern Eatery. Nice name eh? It is located in the half abandoned mall where Sears Outlet is at Wonderland and Oxford. Do not be scarred away by the surroundings of this dilapidated mall. I'm glad I wasn't! There are only a few things on the menu and they were sold out of one of them, the beef brisket. Anne and I shared a pulled pork sandwich which is on the menu and a pound of wings which surprise! were not on the menu. There are 2 kinds of beer here; bottled pabst blue ribbon in bottles and steam whistle lager on tap. I had the steam whistle served in a plastic beer cup and Anne had white wine served in a water glass. At this point we were really wondering what the hell we had gotten ourselves into and then the food came to the table. The wings were awesome, old school all one piece with the tips still on and a hot sauce with enough kick to be hot but not too much to drown out an awesome taste. The coleslaw was awesome both the side of it we ordered and they also put it on the sandwich which has the best smoked pulled pork I've had yet! For $35 we had an awesome dinner with drinks. I can't wait to finish week 10 so I can return here to try the beef brisket that was sold out!
Next week is no 2 the Kantina Cafe and restaurant out by the airport. I'm told reservations are usually required.
Did I mention my status update just became my food critic blog...wtf? lol

4  Thank JohnSnider

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We went here with our 2 sons because of reading about it on Trip Advisor, I wouldn't have gone otherwise, as it's tucked in a pretty run down, almost empty mall, but so glad we did. The food was great, I had the brisket, it was melt in your mouth amazing, the cassava fries were good too, a bit different, coleslaw good, on a minor note, I would have liked it shredded a bit finer and a lighter dressing. My sons enjoyed beans with bacon, and the puled pork.We all had the coconut cream dessert, it was worthy of any fine dining restaurant! which this isn't. It's a clean, very casual , great place to go, with super friendly staff/owners, who have passion for what they do, I will definitely go back!!

1  Thank Barbara d
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Shmokey Rob & Sons is the best BBQ (dare I say eatery) around - the signature pulled pork and brisket is just fantastic. I discovered Shmokey's when I lived in London and having moved and traveled, it is still the top of the list and worth stopping in whenever possible!

2  Thank LondonMatt16
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I work for a Memphis-based company and travel quite a bit for work, have eaten lots of Memphis barbeque as well as Kansas City, Kentucky & Carolina barbeque and would put this place right up there with the best of them! The beef brisket was melt-in-your-mouth tender, the cole slaw had a unique touch of mustard and the hot sauce, served creatively on the side, added just the right touch of heat without overpowering everything else on the plate. Outstanding! I didn't try the red velvet cake for dessert but it looked like it was every bit as good as the meal.

The restaurant is a challenge to find ( tucked away in a mostly empty mall ), but very glad that I took the extra few minutes to find it. Never would have imagined that I would find barbeque this good in London, ON Canada but look forward to passing through the area again just so that I can get some more.

4  Thank Tim W
Reviewed September 5, 2012

its so good i like at they have gluten free bread and other things its so nice to go some were i can eat gluten free food that is
so good