“Nice paella”

Che Resto Bar
Ranked #58 of 1,067 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Unique, distinctive and delicious cuisine inspired by the rich cultures of Latin America.
“Nice paella”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Had a great paella here, I'd definitely recommend it. There was only a couple of other people in there when I went, although this seems to be normal if you go out for food midweek in London. The barman was good company though! Nice to get an Estrella beer as well.

Visited March 2014

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Very Tasty Surprise”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

A friend and I stopped in on recommendation of a co-worker. We were pleasantly surprised by the food. The Corn crusted calamari was very tender and a nice crunch on the outside. My friend enjoyed the Chimichurri Ribeye Steak with Yucca fries, and I enjoyed the Yucca Poutine. The highlight for me was the Hanger Steak Tacos! I could literally eat them every day. Service was great!

• Visited May 2014
“Great meal, service and ambiance”
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Went for the first time with another couple. Service was perfectly timed, food delicious, good portions, great presentation. Calamari appetizer perfectly done and tasty, Would say only negative was the steak quality.

London, Canada
“One of my favorite restaurants in London...and there aren't many”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've been to CHE many times and the service and food is always amazing. Last night I took 4 4 friends who have never been there before. I was very excited for them to enjoy the same awesome experience I have always had. The food was delicious and everyone said so, the only issue was it was that the yucca poutine and the yucca balls were luke warm across the table. Didn't bother us much as no one could stop eating. We ordered 2 apps each, hanger steak tacos, yucca poutine, pear salad, empanadas, and so on. Our plates sat empty on our table for about 10 minutes when I saw our server go outside with who I think was a kitchen staff for a cigarette. She came back in immediately to our table to clear off plates, smelling like smoke and I don't think she had washed her hands. After clearing our tables we sat around for another 10 minutes. We weren't asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, we may not have had dessert but coffee or would have been nice. Anyway I finally had to walk over to the bar and ask for our bill. We were the only table there. I love CHE it's one of my favorites in London. I'm still giving it an "Excellent" I was just disappointed in after bragging about it so much to my friends that the service wasn't to the standard that it always is there. OH and the value, I had 2 glasses of wine, yucca poutine, hanger steak tacos, and 2 orders of the yuka balls which was part of the feature they were kind enough to just make as a side for us, $44.00. I would pay more most definitely.

• Visited February 2014
“Recommended”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited for the first time based on word of mouth... and glad we did. The ceviche appetizer was fresh and tasty. The yucca poutine was enjoyed as well. The salmon entrée was served with a light, sweet sauce that went well with the fish and the other flavours of the meal. The paella was fantastic. It was loaded with fresh seafood (shrimp, prawns, mussels, octopus, and some chorizo sausage and chicken) that was not over-cooked. The rice had a nice subtle smoky flavour. We had no dessert as we were so full already. Service was friendly and attentive. Thumbs up.

Visited January 2014

Been to Che Resto Bar? Share your experiences!