“One of my favorite restaurants in London...and there aren't many”
Review of Che Resto Bar

Che Resto Bar
Ranked #66 of 1,084 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Unique, distinctive and delicious cuisine inspired by the rich cultures of Latin America.
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I've been to CHE many times and the service and food is always amazing. Last night I took 4 4 friends who have never been there before. I was very excited for them to enjoy the same awesome experience I have always had. The food was delicious and everyone said so, the only issue was it was that the yucca poutine and the yucca balls were luke warm across the table. Didn't bother us much as no one could stop eating. We ordered 2 apps each, hanger steak tacos, yucca poutine, pear salad, empanadas, and so on. Our plates sat empty on our table for about 10 minutes when I saw our server go outside with who I think was a kitchen staff for a cigarette. She came back in immediately to our table to clear off plates, smelling like smoke and I don't think she had washed her hands. After clearing our tables we sat around for another 10 minutes. We weren't asked if we wanted dessert or coffee, we may not have had dessert but coffee or would have been nice. Anyway I finally had to walk over to the bar and ask for our bill. We were the only table there. I love CHE it's one of my favorites in London. I'm still giving it an "Excellent" I was just disappointed in after bragging about it so much to my friends that the service wasn't to the standard that it always is there. OH and the value, I had 2 glasses of wine, yucca poutine, hanger steak tacos, and 2 orders of the yuka balls which was part of the feature they were kind enough to just make as a side for us, $44.00. I would pay more most definitely.

There are newer reviews for Che Resto Bar

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited for the first time based on word of mouth... and glad we did. The ceviche appetizer was fresh and tasty. The yucca poutine was enjoyed as well. The salmon entrée was served with a light, sweet sauce that went well with the fish and the other flavours of the meal. The paella was fantastic. It was loaded with fresh seafood (shrimp, prawns, mussels, octopus, and some chorizo sausage and chicken) that was not over-cooked. The rice had a nice subtle smoky flavour. We had no dessert as we were so full already. Service was friendly and attentive. Thumbs up.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Every course at Che is perfectly prepared and served. The cornmeal crusted calamari appetizer was so good, I can't wait to return and enjoy it again. It is always special when the owner takes the time to visit and to ask about our dining experience. This is a very modern, classy and enjoyable restaurant.

Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I wanted to eat everything on the menu but only tried 5 appetizers. Yucca Poutine, Tuna Ceviche, Empanadas, Cornmeal Crusted Calamari and Ceviche of the day...Salmon. Everything was delicious and staff were all so friendly and helpful. I tried the Mojito and Che Martini even though the whole cocktail menu is amazing. I can't wait to come back to dine with my partner. Marvin the owner was great and Stacey is beautiful and the reason I came in the first place as a recommendation.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Restaurant is located on Dundas Street in London, so if you don't like being looked at while you eat, ask for a table away from the front window. Service was excellent with helpful suggestions. Food was excellent based on what we tried (salmon, chicken and shrimp for entrees). All food we received was cooked perfectly, and had excellent seasoning and sauces. Looks like they have a chef who know's what they're doing. Dessert was devine and pricing is reasonable. So all in all we had a great evening at Che's. Would definitly go back.