“Surprise with tab” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Ontario
“Surprise with tab”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited Dancing Greek for the 3rd time, and was pleased with the Greek dishes. Greek food prepared well in an unassuming atmosphere. My only concern was the lack of wine list, so a Greek wine was recommended by the waitress. Although the wine complimented well, and was enjoyed, I was somewhat surprised by the price of $14 per glass. This is not the environment that I would expect that price level.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SRK4

North Vancouver, Canada
“What a great meal and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

My mother and I visited this restaurant just this evening (July 17th, 2013) and loved it!

She had never had Greek food before, and since it was my birthday, I got to pick where we ate. Went on to Tripadvisor and saw all the positive reviews so I decided we would give it a try. They were right!

We were immediately greeted by Tyler when we sat down, he got us some ice water which was very welcome on such a hot day, and told us the specials. He had a couple good recommendations and my mother settled on Pork Souvlaki which I'm happy to say she loved. I had the Gyro Pita which was excellent.

At first we sat in the front section of the restaurant, not realizing there was a back room, but once we found it, we were invited to move, which we were glad we did. The back is painted with beautiful murals and dimmer lighting with some nice Greek music playing in the background.

In the end, the food was terrific, the service from Tyler was even better and that made my birthday complete!

1 Thank DanielKOBrien
Canada
“Enjoyed it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We went on a Tuesday night and enjoyed their BBQ lamb special. The recommended Greek wine was a good pairing. Had a flaming cheese appetizer that was quite a dramatic presentation (lit on fire tableside) and very yummy. For dessert the toblerone cheesecake was delicious and they had good brewed decaf coffee. All in all, a very nice meal with good service (thanks Tyler!) in a nice restaurant. When you first enter, you walk through the old diner. We initially didn't realize that you need to walk through this area to get to the nice restaurant in behind. If I hadn't read the good reviews on trip advisor, I might not have ventured in, but was really glad we did! Note that they close quite early on Tuesday night - 9pm - but we felt free to sit and chat while we finished our dessert, even though it was after closing time.

2 Thank Tuckchaldel
“BETTER LAST TIME”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Okay, the Ceasar salad is incredible. Zero complaints. We came for the POUTINE. HUGE letdown. Owner stated they no longer make fresh cut fries. Frozen ones now. It has brought an increidble poutine, down to a run of the mill one. Sorry, the gravy doesn't mask the frozen yuckiness. He said he's going back to fresh cut fries. Call to make sure, before you order. Have to admit, it was disappointing. This poutine is "forgettable".

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

As a frequent visitor to London this is a place that we always enjoy dining. I am not a chain restaurant admirer rather I love family owned places. This restaurant is definetly family owned from being met at the door from Jimmy the original owner, to the next generation of Effie and Ross and the newest generation of Elia and Zack this is a hands on family restaurant. The food is the best in all of London. Make a trip and I promise you won't be dissapointed.

• Visited June 2013