“Rude server, food not worth the wait”
Review of Maxwell McCoy's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Friday lunch and the place was fairly quiet and the server took 20 minutes to take our food order? Two tables that came in after us got their food before we did. The server was quite rude when we asked about our order taking so long. The other server realized there must be a problem and stepped in and assured us the food would be out soon and apologized for the delay. When the food finally came out 1 hour later my flatbread with chicken was barely edible and you had to hunt to find any chicken at all! The burger was good advised my business partner but she said not worth the wait. Too many great restaurants in London to eat here!

3  Thank Audimcbailey

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great little spot for quick and delicious lunch. Huge burger with fresh cut fries.

1  Thank BruceToronto_12
Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were a group of 6 Moms out for "Ladies Night" and had a reservation. We were seated right away and our first round of drink orders taken promptly and it went down hill from there. 40 minutes before the waiter returned to take food orders...we had to COMPLAIN to place an order for another round of drinks, they had no clamato for caesars....we were probably another 40 mins until we got our food and we had only ordered nachos, burgers etc. Food portions were small and not very good at all. Despite our constant request for more drinks/food etc we never really felt like any staff cared whether we were being taken care of or not. We asked at one point to see the manager and were told "There is no one here, I am new and I do not know".
A couple days later I used the web form on the location's web site to lodge a complaint and ask to be called but no one ever responded. I know others in the party did the same and 1 heard back that I know of.
In short, I would never return here again. With so many great places to eat in London I would not bother with Maxwell McCoy's. We were not looking for a "high end" experience but wanted some decent food and drinks and got neither. Service was bad, food was bad and on the way out, we could hear staff complaining about other clients who had also expressed concerns. I really felt that the staff could not care less whether we spent our money there or not.

2  Thank mom2two2