“Good Food, So-So Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Springs

The Springs
Ranked #28 of 1,048 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Canadian, American, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A great mix of cuisine from all over the world. Fantastic menu!
Ontario, Canada
“Good Food, So-So Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and I went for dinner last night for our first visit to this restaurant. We enjoyed the vast majority of our food very much, our complaints are personal and not worth noting. Our only complaint was with the service, actually the lack of knowledge from the server. Both my husband and I love to hear what our server thinks of particular wine or dishes that we are not familiar with. Our server was not knowledgeable with either. In fact, we asked what cheeses were on the cheese plate and if they were local, he thought , "hmm, maybe they are from Quebec if you consider that local and I think you only get one chevre on the plate". So we asked a second server and although he did not know either, at least he went and found out. I think this would be an excellent establishment if their servers were a little more educated. It is worth going to!

• Visited August 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice building, but it didn't blow me away”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I was so excited to try this place, and it was only mediocre. I had the beef tenderloin, and I've had better at the Keg. The staff were very friendly, and the atmosphere was nice, but for the price, I've had better in London.

• Visited May 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A Unique place. Give it a try.”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Ive been here twice now and enjoyed my experience. I had the lime maitake and beet with duck and grilled scallop and gourmet greens. Both were quite delicious. The scallops were cooked perfectly however I found the duck to be very tough. The risotto cakes were excellent and the greens were clearly very fresh which I confirmed later after walking past the kitchen and seeing them growing. I thought this was really cool. The crab cakes were much smaller than I expected but tasted good.
They have a great drink menu. I'm a beer drinker and they have an excellent choice but it would be nice to see a local beer included and a real IPA. Our whole group was satisfied with ours meals.
I enjoyed the service. I don't like servers who are too formal and I felt by default they are formal however they could tell we were a little more casual and toned it down a bit and we had nice conversation.

• Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“My favourite London restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Once again a great experience. Food is excellent, service terrific. We were there for a birthday and all enjoyed the evening. Can't think of anything I would change. It was great

Visited July 2013
London, Canada
“Unique spot, worth a try”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We tried The Springs in April, and left impressed. Aside from a unique setting, in a bit of an unusual location, we were met with attentive service throughout the evening. Our selection from the wine list nicely complemented all our meals (beef, duck, penne), preceded by the french onion soup, arancini and salads. The beef was raved about by those who had it, likewise the penne was considered very good. All in all, a return trip would be in our future.

• Visited April 2013