“Great sushi spot”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Central London
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have been here several times and never had a bad meals, I really like their rainbow roll, spicy seafood udon (huge portion) and the bibimbap is fantastic. They also serve tasty green tea, it's small so suggest calling ahead of time for a reservation on weekends especially during the university school year when all the students flock here.

2  Thank laura v

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Try the salmon sushi pizza's. Comes in 4 points and is the best I've ever had. Their sashimi is also quite wonderful. One of the best places in town but often packed. Get take out, since it's usually ready within 20 min.

1  Thank HappyCanuck9
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Rolls are cheap and good, service was really friendly and sake cold was good. Only issue was they ran out of the cold sake!

Would go here again!

1  Thank msandico
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I probably order from Ozen once a week. Their seaweed salad and spicy salmon rolls are the best I've had in london! There are a ton of sushi joints in this city and Ozen is at the top of that list for value, taste, service and overall experience. Only thing I would recommend would be for them to have an all you can eat menu!

1  Thank shae29
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I'm far from being a food connaisseur, but I do seem to eat a lot Japanese food. Compared to most places, the food was good, but didn't wow me.

I had the spicy salmon roll, and the green dragon, both pretty standard rolls. They were par for the course. Good, but nothing exciting. I also had the sushi pizza. This was kind of interesting. Most restaurants will serve a rice patty about 4 inches in diameter, piled with roe and salmon on top. Ozen serves 4 patties, 1 inch in diameter with salmon drenched in spicy mayo on top. It tasted ok, but looked a bit sloppy with the mayo flowing all over the place. I don't think I would order that again and I usually love sushi pizza.

The service however, was excellent! The waitresses were very friendly and attentive. The restaurant itself is quite small though with only two booths that I noticed. Both were occupied already and I arrived before 6. The rest of the restaurant is somewhat cramped, but it provides a cozy atmosphere. Since there isn't a lot of room, you may have to get there early if you don't want to wait as the place does get full. I was there on a Thursday.

It might not be best sushi I've ever eaten, but Ozen certainly does the job and is easily on par with some of the better Japanese restaurants I've tried. I will most likely be back if I'm in that area again.