“Definitely not for true dinosaur fans!”

London Children's Museum
Ranked #17 of 80 things to do in London
Peterborough, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Definitely not for true dinosaur fans!”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We travelled to London from Peterborough ON for a weekend as many people had suggested that my son would enjoy it because he is a big dinosaur fan.
It was a huge disappointment. Yes - it is advertised as a children's museum - but it is really for very young children. My son is 6 and the "dinosaur section" was way beneath him.
The rest of the museum was okay but certainly not worth a trip of any length.
I'm sure it is great for local people with young children.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank onvoyage_3

Timmins, Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Good idea, but needs repairs”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We planned to visit the London Children's Museum as part of our summer visit to London. We enjoyed it, but it could have been so much better. The building is a converted school. There was not a lot of parking, but when we found a spot, the building and grounds had character. We had a half price coupon for our daughter which we found on the website. The displays are set up on three floors in different rooms. The "Arctic Discovery" exhibit on the top floor was new and interactive, with places to take pictures, to climb and crawl. My daughter enjoyed digging for fossils in the dinosaur area, a shallow sand pit with paint brushes to brush away the sand to reveal fossils. We took in a star gazing show in the "my Place in Space" display, which was informative but did not catch my daughter's attention. The "street where you live" display was especially disappointing... it has a gas station, McDonald's restaurant, grocery store, fitness centre, but much of the interactive parts of the display did not work. Another area had an oscilloscope to "see" your voice, which was also not working. The atrium, with a whale tale and skeleton replica was also impressive. I would recommend a trip for a young child with imagination, but noted that some of the displays needed repairs.

Visited August 2011