“Avoid”

Ranked #4 of 1,218 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Crappy food
Little resemblance to thai food.
Do they actually know what tamarind is???
Too sweet, overcooked
Been there. I know.

Save your money

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

I was on a mad run around town after work and I had my mind set on finding some great pad thai and rolls with options thinning out by the hour. I managed to get under the wire and order a pad thai with some spring rolls and fresh rolls. I ate the whole thing and was very happy. It was my first time ordering food there for myself and I will definitely be going back.

1  Thank gordtron
Reviewed July 8, 2018

Our waitress was phenomenal and the owner or manager was friendly and engaging. It gets a 4 because of the service.

Pors:

1. veggie spring rolls were very good as was the Vietnamese coffee.
2. decor/ atmosphere - this is a sleek, clean, modern restaurant that is great for business meetings and date nights.
3. The kitchen was excellent at accommodating food allergies.

Middle ground:
1. clay pot pork - I don't know what to make of it. It had a smokey, sort of brick flavour which was interesting...it was a flavour that I never had, so I am on the fence as to whether I liked it. What I did not like was the fact there was not a lot of sauce. Had hot sauce not been offered, it would not have enjoyed this because it was too dry. The rice was cooked well and I enjoyed the accoutrements.

Cons:

1. the avocado rolls - were stuffed with a whole bunch of lettuce and the veins of the lettuce. I did not care for them at all.

I hope that people support this restaurant. This like many on Dundas are struggling because of the construction. The service was wonderful and the food options are authentic and unique. I enjoy diversity in the London food scene and it would be a shame to see a restaurant like this fall victim to unfortunate circumstances.

Reviewed July 4, 2018

What I liked:
1. We shared our appetizers. I liked the crispy spring rolls – had a very nice crunch and taste.
2. The pad viet (beef) was very savory. Great flavours and a lot of tasty veggies.
3. Very nice décor! This is a really big place.
4. Vietnamese coffee is always so good – it was even better since the waitress brought extra condense milk.
5. Excellent service – she explained the various dishes, what is traditional, what is spicy – made excellent recommendations!

What could be improved:
1. The avocado rolls were nice, but too much lettuce and not enough avocado.

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I met a friend before the Tim McGraw/Faith Hill Concert. The street was all torn up and we were hoping to eat somewhere close to the stadium.