“Excellent friendly service and meal”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #6 of 1,053 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Chatham, Canada
“Excellent friendly service and meal”
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate hear prior to going to a show at Budweiser gardens. It's right around the corner from the arena, so the location was great. The owner greeted us when we entered, stopped by and chatted during the meal and said goodbye by name when we left, very friendly. The food was excellent,had the pad Thai and some crispy rolls which were great. Would definitely go again, there were a few other items on the menu that I have my eye on.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank greaume

Kawartha Lakes, Canada
“Friendly, informative service; great food”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Went here the other night while in London on business. We were a little surprised that there were only about a dozen or so diners in the restaurant considering the great reviews I've seen here. The restaurant is very nicely decorated. The owner seated us and our server was at our table quickly. When they realized none of us had eaten Vietnamese food before the owner gave us some great ideas on what to order and explained each of the dishes for us. The three of us shared the fresh spring rolls and the tea leaf beef as appetizers. I had the seafood crispy noodles as my main; the others had the cashew chicken and pineapple chicken. All the dishes were large, hot and beautifully presented. Because I love banana tempura, I couldn't resist it as a dessert. It was good but the coconut ice cream it came with was even better. If I'm back in London, I'll be sure to return.

2 Thank LastMango
Grand Bend, Canada
“Great food, good pricing”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

My sister and I went out for a nice relaxing dinner and chose a return visit to Tamarine. We've been before and knew the food was amazing and atmosphere relaxing. During this visit the wait staff were attentive without being intrusive. They recommended that we start with a sampling of four different starters. This was most helpful because I was having a difficult time choosing which appetizer to order. I thoroughly enjoyed my entree, Ginger Chicken ClayPot. The chicken was moist and perfectly seasoned, the vegetables and jasmine rice were cooked perfectly and my meal was presented in the clay pot. The portion was a generous size...I couldn't finish all of the food but I did come close.

1 Thank Edie1956
London, Canada
“Great food and excellent service”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in while they had the taste of london event going on. It was a pleasant surprise. The owner served me and was fantastic. Very personable and gave me great recommendations on what to choose for lunch. I will definitely be going back.

Ilderton
“Not Cheap”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

The waitress, manager & restaurant were all very nice. My dish was very good but should have been warmer, it was cold by the time I finished. My wife had a dish that was basically a stir fry. It was good, but could have made the same thing at home. We couldn't have smoothies because the blender wasn't working so we ordered tea. We got a tea bag in a pot of warm water. Other restaurants (Asian) of this class usually give you a pot of tea as soon as your seated. 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and a pot of tea that we didn't drink was $78 with the tip.

• Visited March 2014
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Thank you Brian P for taking the time to share your thoughts, we truly value your opinion as it gives us an opportunity to grow. I apologize for your dishes not hitting it's mark, what dishes did you have? As for the blender or lack of, we will probably be phasing them out of our menu entirely.
I do appreciate you giving us a try and hope that you will give us another chance sometime in the near future. Please feel free to reach out to me personally as I'd like an opportunity to show you what we're all about. Thank you once again.

Best regards,