“Food was okay, but very expensive.”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #18 of 1,095 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We chose this restaurant because of the good reviews on trip advisor. Nice decor and friendly owners. The service to say the least was annoying. I wish I had kept count how many times the server appeared at our table interrupting our conversation. They tried to up sell my husband on his choice of beer and also did the same trying to change our $6 appetizer to an $18 appetizer.
We were shocked at the prices, coming from the GTA and having eaten at many Vietnamese and or Thai restaurants we have never paid more than $12 for pad thai, the pad thai is $16 at Tamarine. I ordered a vietnamese dish BBQ vermicelli delight which is called "bun". It was fresh and tasty however it was also $16. Again, we have never paid over $10 for this anywhere, including New York City. The portion sizes were the same as any other restaurant. We will not be returning to this restaurant.

1  Thank Jmon_10

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Tamarine offers such an amazing experience from the moment you walk in (the decor is not over done and very tasteful). Staff is courteous and eager to please. However what makes Tamarine truly stand out is the quality of the food, the freshness and the portion sizes. You know when you order you have a real chef who has chopped FRESH vegetables, sauteed REAL chicken and has prepared AUTHENIC sauces from scratch. The martini's and cocktails should not be over looked as they are unique to the restaurant and cannot be found anywhere but here. The drinks are meant to accompany your meal and have been hand selected by the owners (thanks Long) to ensure they compliment your meal. The Lychee Martini is especially delish.
Tamarine offers what many restaurants are lacking at this price which is portion size. It is reasonable and you are full and feel you got excellent value for your money. You may also get a visit from the owner who is delightful and relishes in telling you about truly authentic Vietnamese dishes. On his suggestion, we tried a very unusual dessert we would not have ordered if if wasn't for his detailed description.
This was our second visit to Tamarine and, it goes without saying we will be back.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

To celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary my husband, daughter and I decided to try something different. Working downtown I have passed Tamarine often but had never stopped in.

From the moment we walked in we were made to feel welcomed. The atmosphere was very chic, warm and inviting. Our server was prompt and very knowledgeable on the menu. We started out with the Won Ton Soup. Very good and no seasonings required. I had the Seafood Pad Thai. It came with shrimp, squid, scallops and I believe some small pieces of crab. The squid was a bit rubbery but then again they usually are. It had just the right amount of spice. My daughter and husband both had the noodle dish with vegetables and chicken. The severing portions were generous with enough to take home for a late night snack. Sadly we forgot the to go bag. You got to try the Vietnamese coffee! Perfect end to a great meal.

I would not hesitate to recommend or return to this restaurant.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food! Because of location, it is always practically empty (except Budweiser garden's event nights), so you get great service.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Server was über friendly and knowledgeable. The food was great and her recommendations were on point. My sister and I ordered the tamarine taste, the shrimp curry rice and the coconut chicken curry and it was all delicious.

1  Thank Tamsula