“Best dining experience of last two years in London and I eat out, a lot!”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #15 of 1,084 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've been to every restaurant near Tamarine that is considered high end dining so very surprised I haven't walked into Tamarine before tonight. It was recommended by a friend who had heard good things but had never been in. I thought it would be a great spot to try Vietamese food for the first time. It has a beautiful modern dining area and is quite impressive when you walk in with colorful dim lighting, and music in background that gave a vibe similar to a restaurant I may find in Toronto. We were given a table immediately upon entry by friendly wait staff. The menu had lots of variety of beef, chicken, fish and veg options. Every item from the mixed appetizer plate, to entrées to dessert were beautifully presented, fresh, appetizing, hot and delicious. Be prepared for a little spice in the pad Thai and in the basal beef! I loved it as it wasn't overpowering. Our server gave great suggestions on how to eat/mix food to capture the authentic flavor. Definitely, going to be back and I highly recommend it for: relaxed cozy yet modern atmosphere, efficient, pleasant helpful service, delicious flavors in every course and great value for fresh, tasty, meals. I can't count the number of times I felt it was a 'party in my mouth' :)

There are newer reviews for Tamarine by Quynh Nhi

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were very impressed when the owner opened up early for us during the World Figure Skating Championships. It was often challenging to find a restaurant open for dinner during breaks in the event schedule and the owner at Tamarine was fabulous! The service was very personal and friendly. Staff suggestions were helpful and informative. Our dinners really satisfied our desire for a taste of Vietnamese cuisine. The Pad Viet and Curry Chicken were delicious! Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was on business and love anything Asian Gentleman at hotel lobby told me I should try Tamarine which is just up the street, said great reviews on internet. Did a quick mobile check and was in agreeance. Walked in front door Beautiful decor and streamline. One problem...where are the customers? So many reviews no people. Sampled many dishes and was not impressed. Win some lose some

3  Thank jay l
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!

Since our grand opening two years ago, we have come to love being in the heart of downtown London; we are able to welcome both local clientele and those that are visiting our beautiful city and experiencing all that it has to offer. I would agree that the restaurant industry - I would venture to say the majority of industries - experience ebb and flow with their customers. It would certainly be ideal to be busy all day, every day, but we play the cards that we are dealt. We do appreciate your business, and we hope you return the next time you are in London.

Best regards,
Long Phan

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The higher-end version of Quynh Nhi - really nice people, ambiance and food. I've been going to Quynh Nhi for years so this was a natural extension. The food has been described as "authentic" - tasty and classy.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

friendly and accomodating, and beautiful modern place to eat, soft colours and friendlystaff,
we started with crispy spring rolls, and they were great, but expected, the Salmon ( they have a great name and description ) was first rate , as was my more hesitant guest who insisted on Pad Thai , spiced up it was right on ,

great red wine too
i will be sure to be back soon