“where are the customers?”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #21 of 1,102 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was on business and love anything Asian Gentleman at hotel lobby told me I should try Tamarine which is just up the street, said great reviews on internet. Did a quick mobile check and was in agreeance. Walked in front door Beautiful decor and streamline. One problem...where are the customers? So many reviews no people. Sampled many dishes and was not impressed. Win some lose some

3  Thank jay l
tamarineByQN, Owner at Tamarine by Quynh Nhi, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear Jay,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us!

Since our grand opening two years ago, we have come to love being in the heart of downtown London; we are able to welcome both local clientele and those that are visiting our beautiful city and experiencing all that it has to offer. I would agree that the restaurant industry - I would venture to say the majority of industries - experience ebb and flow with their customers. It would certainly be ideal to be busy all day, every day, but we play the cards that we are dealt. We do appreciate your business, and we hope you return the next time you are in London.

Best regards,
Long Phan

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The higher-end version of Quynh Nhi - really nice people, ambiance and food. I've been going to Quynh Nhi for years so this was a natural extension. The food has been described as "authentic" - tasty and classy.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

friendly and accomodating, and beautiful modern place to eat, soft colours and friendlystaff,
we started with crispy spring rolls, and they were great, but expected, the Salmon ( they have a great name and description ) was first rate , as was my more hesitant guest who insisted on Pad Thai , spiced up it was right on ,

great red wine too
i will be sure to be back soon

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I always forget how good Tamarine is, and every time we go wonder why we don't go more often. This restaurant exceeds expectations in terms of service. The owner is so friendly, comes right over and says 'welcome back, good to see you again!'. With all the customers they have, the personal attention is phenomenal. And I don't know if he really remembers us or not but it seems completely sincere and genuine. We have been several times and have never ordered the same thing twice, often going on the recommendations of the owner or servers which have always been fantastic. I even have stayed away from my usual staple Pad thai (which Im sure is excellent too) because there are so many other dishes I want to try.
We will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a local policeman as a dinner choice while attending the World Figure Skating Championships. We were able to be seated right away. I personally loved the décor, the glass tile, and thought the restaurant was very sophisticated. The owner was friendly, greeted us and thanked us for coming. I did not feel he was intrusive. Our server was pleasant. Unfortunately, the first two items I ordered were not available - it would have been nice to have been told if there were items on the menu that were not available prior to ordering. I have not eaten Vietnamese food before, and was a bit worried. I started with the wonton soup, which was really tasty, served hot, and there were a lot of flavorful wontons. I also ordered the BBQ Pork Bowl (?) which was pork, vegetables, skewered shrimp in a bowl over vermicelli. My main dish was ok - there were only a couple of very thin slices of pork which was slightly disappointing. However, all-in-all there was enough to eat and the flavor was good. We had a limited amount of time between events and the food came in plenty of time for us to enjoy our meal and make it back to the arena. Because I am not from the area I don't know if the prices were reasonable, they would be average for the Seattle, WA area.