“We need to go more often!”

Tamarine by Quynh Nhi
Ranked #3 of 1,146 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Tamarine is London's favourite spot for Vietnamese cuisine. We offer a tasty, healthy fusion of Thai, French, and Chinese flavours. For those seeking a tasteful culinary adventure in the heart of downtown London, Tamarine’s exciting selection of authentic Vietnamese fare is sure to delight. Since the opening of the original Quyhn Nhi restaurant in London, we have taken pride in introducing the city to the lush vibrancy of Vietnamese cuisine. Our new menu at Tamarine has been lovingly curated from traditional family recipes, and reimagined with a modern flair. Whether you are sharing colourful appetizers with intimate company or enjoying an exotic meal with a large party, you’ll soon discover why Tamarine by Quynh Nhi is a treasured local favourite. We look forward to having you as a guest of our family!
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I always forget how good Tamarine is, and every time we go wonder why we don't go more often. This restaurant exceeds expectations in terms of service. The owner is so friendly, comes right over and says 'welcome back, good to see you again!'. With all the customers they have, the personal attention is phenomenal. And I don't know if he really remembers us or not but it seems completely sincere and genuine. We have been several times and have never ordered the same thing twice, often going on the recommendations of the owner or servers which have always been fantastic. I even have stayed away from my usual staple Pad thai (which Im sure is excellent too) because there are so many other dishes I want to try.
We will definitely be back!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a local policeman as a dinner choice while attending the World Figure Skating Championships. We were able to be seated right away. I personally loved the décor, the glass tile, and thought the restaurant was very sophisticated. The owner was friendly, greeted us and thanked us for coming. I did not feel he was intrusive. Our server was pleasant. Unfortunately, the first two items I ordered were not available - it would have been nice to have been told if there were items on the menu that were not available prior to ordering. I have not eaten Vietnamese food before, and was a bit worried. I started with the wonton soup, which was really tasty, served hot, and there were a lot of flavorful wontons. I also ordered the BBQ Pork Bowl (?) which was pork, vegetables, skewered shrimp in a bowl over vermicelli. My main dish was ok - there were only a couple of very thin slices of pork which was slightly disappointing. However, all-in-all there was enough to eat and the flavor was good. We had a limited amount of time between events and the food came in plenty of time for us to enjoy our meal and make it back to the arena. Because I am not from the area I don't know if the prices were reasonable, they would be average for the Seattle, WA area.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Our first visit to a Vietnamese restaurant was a wonderful experience. We loved the quiet elegance,the welcoming atmosphere and the ability of our server to share her knowledge of the menu. The owner's passion and pride in this family run restaurant was obvious.The meal was an epicurean delight. We shared the mango shrimp salad and the tea leaf beef followed by chicken pad Thai and basil beef which were recommended by our server. Thank you so much for a wonderful introduction to Vietnamese food. We will come back!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Eat here Saturday night with the GF it was our second time.The staff and owners are friendly and the food is amazing. I'm actually craving the Food right now as I write this. Girlfriend and I usually order 2 main courses and share them. Both visits we ordered the Viet Pad Thai and then we try something else. I don't know if I could go and not order the Pad Thai it's so good. The other dishes were also amazing. Great restaurant to have in the downtown core of London. Presentation and decor makes it My new favorite restaurant in London and you can't go wrong with the prices for what you are getting..

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Our very first experience at Tamarine was phenomenal! There were so many options on the menu that suit a variety of tastes. The vegetarian selection was a perfect size. The Wok Fried Chicken Noodles with the chilli-lime soya sauce and the Chicken Pad Thai are delicious!! It's the perfect amount. The service was great, very friendly staff members and the food was prepared quickly. They are also very good with food allergies. Great time!