“Don't take your kid's birthday there, ever!!!!”

Adventures on Wonderland
Ranked #12 of 32 Fun & Games in London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Don't take your kid's birthday there, ever!!!!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I took my child's birthday party there and chose the GOLD package, their best. On arrival for party, I was informed that the ice-cream, which is part of what I was paying for in the GOLD package had melted in their freezer, DAH!!. I was offered 10% discount off my invoice which I accepted because there was NO other alternative. Well, the 10% was calculated after deducting the $50 deposit money that I had paid, as if that was not part of the total amount I would pay. This meant that I only got 10% of the partial invoice, which was of course less than I should have received. I feel cheated and that does not make for a good experience at all. Also, for the amount of money they charge for their packages, you would expect pizza from better pizza makers not some cold tasteless pizza. Guess there is always a first time but for me, it was my first and last!

Visited June 2013
4 Thank happydays L

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Cloister phobic”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Good ideas, fun activities ...

Tubes were long with min room to turn around or just exit, combine this with warm temps, downright dreadful. Never did figure out how to get to the red slide. Some directions or maps or colour coding would make navigating the tubes easier with less panic. Need some easy access for parents to gain contact with their children

I've gotta say, even I found the tube spooky and my initial reaction was to get the hell out, had to fight my instincts to stay in, and trust me I'm not one to usually be bothered by this. Lastly, it's tough on the knees!

It was an adventure,not all bad but not all good daughter did cry pretty good twice, once when dad was stuck in the tubes and she couldn't find me and secondly when she lost her way and was looking down at her mom from the third storey bubble window with no verbal contact to comfort her or direct her, pretty scary for a five year old!

The establishment could use a good cleaning, and be freshened up.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Trev N
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“It's an Adventure all Right”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My children went here for a birthday party. The ball/bounce house was crowded. Children are supposed to take their shoes off - many did not. The other guests in the establishment were loud - not even sure they had kids with them. The room that the party was in was dusty, and not set up. There was only one birthday hostess assigned, which I thought was too few for a party with 25 children. The parents had to take down the chairs and place them around the tables. The hostess was also clearly a teen and not used to taking charge of 25 kids. The host parents had chosen laser tag as the game to play. My daughter's jacket did not work and when we asked for a new one. The teen working in the laser room let an additional 5 people, not with the birthday party, into the room, hence, no jackets were left. Poorly organized, understaffed, very dirty. I'm glad I didn't pay to have my kids play here - not worth the price at all!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Cuppa C
Ontario
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“bad adventures on wonderland”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were given a gift card from friends for Adventures on wonderland and took our 3 and 6 year old there to play on a Sunday afternoon in February. We were not overly impressed by the general cleanliness or lack thereof,of the area. Poor ventilation and lack of hand sanitizers were not impressive. Even the sanitizers that were evident on the walls were empty. While the tube play zones were quite large, there was not enough space or room to adequately watch your own kids. Both our boys were bullied and hit repetitively by some ignorant oversize child, to the point both my kids were crying. Not a parent around who wanted to assume responsibilit for their brat. THere were also no staff supervising the area either. Certainly on a weekend on the day before a holiday the management might have one brain to figure out when more staff is needed. Not an employee in the place older than a teenager to know how to deal with anything and not a manager in the place. When I voiced my concerns to an employee and also wrote a comment card with a return phone number on it requesting a phone call to address my concerns, not a thing was done. It has been over a week. Needless to say we will NOT be returning and anyone that I talk to will not hear a kind word about this place

Visited February 2013
15 Thank panda13ontario
London
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Christmas Party”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Took our daughter here for a children's Christmas party with my husband's work. We were very impressed with how they handled both my daughter and my allergies. They offered a gluten free pizza and were able to allow us to bring our own gluten free dairy free cheese to put on the pizza. The pizza crust was edible as well. (Sometimes isn't when it's gluten free)

My daughter, age 3, had a great time climbing around the large set of climbers with my husband and didn't want to leave.

Visited December 2012