“yum”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2013

stayed at the old radisson with friends .. tho the hotel room wasnt top notch the room service from smoke n bones was .. cept for the delivery charge and atomatic tip .. food was brought up right to the room .. got the pulled pork poutine, battered pickles and the gator bowl which was all terrific!! not sure if it was just cause we were starved and it was late but great party food ... id have it again

Reviewed March 27, 2013

...what they do poorly is sad, because the promise of good smoked meats in one I can't resist.

I'm a sucker for good BBQ and will smoke my own food weekly in my own rig at home. So I know what good, smoked food tastes like. I also know my sauces well, so I was happy to see the wide variety of sauces that the waitress provided - each one unique and each one good with a different item. The issue with the food here, however, is this: because they want to highlight the sauces as your choice, the meat mostly comes to you unsauced. Which means, in this case, dry. I don't want to have to douse my meat in room-temp sauces and totally overwhelm the smoke flavour just to be able to eat the meat. Unfortunately, this was the case with the pulled pork sandwich, the brisket, etc. Basically, anything without a sauce requires that you douse tons of bottled sauce on it, leading to an inconsistent temperature and consistency when eating.

On the plus side, two dishes which I absolutely ADORE at Smoke 'n' Bones are the Pulled Pork Poutine and the Stacked Meatloaf. Anything served with the Brisket Gravy is devine - moist and flavourful without having to add any bottled sauce (but enhanced by it, to be sure). Eminently edible comfort food.

The resto itself is nicely appointed, with free wireless available, so makes for a nice lunch spot inbetween clients for me. Service has always been solid. While there's better pure BBQ in London overall, Smoke 'n' Bones is a good choice if you like more than a few options on your menu. This is my personal "runner up."

Reviewed March 16, 2013

When this restaurant first opened it was awesome! The prices were on par, the food was good and the service was average. We would stop in for dinner every few weeks and were never disappointed. Last night a girlfriend and I decided on dinner here and we both were not impressed with the changes. The menu had been changed around, which is fine, but the prices went way up. For what the food costs and what you receive there's no comparison. Maybe for someone who's dining here for the first time they would enjoy it but they don't know what it was like before. Neither my friend nor myself will be returning. There's new barbecue restaurants opening all over the city so we're going to try something else. Not impressed and disappointed as I really used to enjoy it here.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Probably the best (authentic) BBQ in the area. This was my third visit and we enjoyed a rib platter for two. On earlier visits, I had the wings and their meatloaf with the rich mushroom sauce. All very good. They have 7 or 8 house BBQ sauces to tempt you as all meats are dry rubbed, so that you can choose to sauce or not.
Good place for couples, friends and families...

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I remember this restaurant as average at best. Recently I decided to give them a second chance and was pleasantly surprised. The wings were very good, but the ribs were incredible! The sauces were very tasty and the waitress explained every sauce before putting them in the table. The service was very attentive and the atmosphere is nice. This place is great to curve a smoky BBQ craving!