“Diner Comfort Food”

Angel's Diner
Ranked #106 of 1,083 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We pop in a couple times a month. The service is genuine and friendly . The portions are a bit too large for me- but my husband manages to clean his plate! Stick to the traditional diner fare and you will be very satisfied: the cold slaw is terrific, the fries are always fresh, hot, and good and the wraps/ sandwiches are excellent. Only downside is that it is a bit dated and quite loud- which in some ways adds to the charm!

There are newer reviews for Angel's Diner

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I had lunch at Angel's Diner with a friend late on a Sat. afternoon. Place was pretty quiet while we were there, however service still wasn't very fast. Luckily we wanted to sit and chat anyway. My chicken quesadilla was pretty good, my friend enjoyed her sandwich and the waitress was very attentive, keeping our drinks full. We also split a piece of the carrot cake, which was really tasty.

I've heard good things about their breakfast menu, so next time I plan to visit for breakfast. For the price it's somewhere I will try again.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Late lunch, about 2 p.m.. Had never been to Angel's before. It was recommended by a nearby business. Great lunch specials. Soup is included. Creamy chicken with spinach. Very tasty and fresh tasting. No hints of powdered reconstituted here. Club sandwich was very good and the fries were hot. Waitress was prompt and very helpful. Will definitely go back and have told many friends about this place.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Angel's was a busy spot when we went for lunch.......all tables filled quickly. The staff were friendly and efficient. The food was very ordinary.......thick soup, unexciting sandwiches and way too much food on each plate. The noise level was so high that visiting was almost impossible.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We visited this restaurant today for an early meal (3:30 pm). When we went in, it was almost empty. There might have been 2 tables with a total of 5 or 6 people as it was so early. There was no sign saying to wait to be seated so we picked a spot in the middle of the restaurant in full view of the bar on one side and the menu stand at the other. After we sat down, a few other people came in, were seated in another area and received menus and orders taken. We never even received menus or were acknowledged. There were two waitresses who seemed to be on duty moving around and other staff around but, although we wondered if we were sitting in the wrong area, no one ever came over to suggest we move or to serve us. It is not a big restaurant and they had to have seen us. After we were there for about 15 minutes with no service, we got up to leave and a staff member came over to ask if there was a problem and to apologize but by that time we did not want to eat there and probably will not try again. I don't think that customers should ever be ignored.