“Good Food, Horrible service”
Review of Angel's Diner

Angel's Diner
Ranked #107 of 1,053 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: American
London, Canada
“Good Food, Horrible service”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We went to the Angels on Wharncliffe rd for dinner tonight with our son and his girlfriend. Normally the service is great, were we in for a surprise! The waitress "Lindsey" started out ok and then it started to slide. She was obviously thrown by my wife asking questions about what came with the specials. She then brought my wife her soup and a tea spoon! We waited for her to return, but my wife eventually had too up to the counter to get a soup spoon. When she brought the dinners, he forgot what my son ordered and had to ask him again. We then had to ask for cutlery as 2 of us had none. She kept disappearing even though there was very little other customers and at least 3 waitresses. My son asked for more dressing for his salad and we waited and waited again as she stood at the cash area counting her tips or something. My son got up and asked again for dressing. She didnt appologise or anything and he got upset and asked a different waitress for dressing. The original waitress then brought it and as she put it on the table, she said "your not my only table you know". Could have fooled me. The manager was suddenly missing! This is the only time in history i have not left a tip!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Stv50

London, Canada
“Big, yummy, cheap breakfasts”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Big portions, good food, very cheap prices. An excellent place to go for breakfast. Very family oriented.

2 Thank RobinandMatt
High Wycombe, England
“Looks good but appearances can be deceptive”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Visited in Feb whilst on a road trip from Detroit to NYC. The diner looks good and seemed to have a good atmosphere on arrival. We were seated quickly but things went downhill fast. The waitress was terrible. She was polite enough but kept bringing the wrong food. Not a little wrong but a meat dish for my wife who is vegetarian and we ordered a salad with no meat for. We tried twice to get the salad with no meat but failed, the meat was all over the lettuce. There was an old guy sitting across from us who also got the wrong food. The manager came over and all she was interested in was to ask if we were going to pay for my food and the drinks as they were correct. We visit the US and Canada on a regular basis and I can honestly say that this is the worst diner we have visited in Canada. Even my burger which arrived correctly was mediocre and had the texture of rubber. I wish we had left without eating when things started to go wrong. Felt ripped off and my wife was still hungry so we had to stop again a little further on.

• Visited February 2011