“Great Hotel with even better Staff”
Review of Ramada London

Ramada London
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I stayed at the Ramada London at various times over the summer with my baseball team, as we had to travel into the London Area for multiple tournaments.

I found the hotel to be very clean and the rooms to be comfortable.

The pool always had great access and the staff were very helpful and always available.

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed July 30, 2010

The smoke detector went off in my room twice and awoke me both times, so I did not have a good night of sleep. But worse than the malfunctioning detector, the hotel did nothing to rectify the situation. In fact the woman at the front desk treated me with disdain and disrespect like I've never encountered before. In the end, I left the hotel feeling as though I had just been treated as a criminal. It was unbelievable.
I was told that I should not feel angry, though I had been woken up twice, accused of smoking,told I should not raise my voice though it was raised because the receptionist kept interrupting me , and I was told many times to sit down, as though I were a child in a kindergarten classroom. In my 52 years of traveling, this was hands down the worst experience I have had with someone in a service position.
Though the room was lovely and clean, the bed comfortable, and the evening staff gracious, I cannot recommend a hotel that would actually hire someone so lacking in empathy and so nasty as this young woman.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank jackrabbit65
Reviewed June 15, 2010

Had to opportunity to stay here in MArch and work picked up the bill as its quite expensive, It was lovley and clean and the staff were friendly. I would use this hotel again if I was staying in the capital and needed to get about easy.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2010

this is best...it has all amenities one needs....it is good,and we had a great time...nice location which can suit everyone.nice breakfast in the morning...we had a wonderful experiance...i would recommend u all to go there! its best ..wen u in london ,u cant miss this!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 22, 2009

I had a short business stay at this hotel. The staff were helpful, it was not a very fancy hotel, the room was reasonably sized. I did have problems connecting to the hotels wireless Internet as I was a room at the end of a wing.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2009

The main entrance and lobby appear nice, and the $79 price seems to reflect a 'nice' hotel......wrong. We checked in and then checked out within 10 minutes. Our 2nd floor room in this hotel with no elevator, required use of entrance 'B' at the rear, which did not latch properly and was unlocked when we arrived. Although a 2003 'full remodel' is advertised, the dilapidated building looks to have been built in the late 60's/ 70's. The rear entry was filthy, there were some 'shady' people hanging around the unlocked entrance as well. The room was outdated and dirty with stained sinks and a well worn bathroom. The room was dark with burned out lights and marked up walls and carpet. It gets better...upon inspection for bed bugs, the stained mattress revealed several bags of 'magazines' neatly placed under it for someones enjoyment? We checked out immediately and gladly spent $30 more across the street for a clean room

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank US-CDATrvlr
Reviewed February 4, 2009

Where to start........room was adequate at best, beds were rock hard and pillows old and lumpy. Shower was dirty and bathroom was musty. Vents were full of dust, and buttons had been broken off heater, so someone scratched A/C and heat beside prongs (wrong ones though).
Pool area was pathetic, paint peeling off walls, 5 dim lights for entire area. 4 chairs poolside, but three were supposed to have cushions and didn't. Lock mechanisms missing from doors leading into hallway, and windows leaking so bad, that the entire side of the room was covered by an inch of water. Staff were called into the area to turn on the lights, and couldn't understand parents concerns with poor lighting, just shrugged shoulders and left. Each room has a detailed towel inventory, and price list for missing towels, so you are required to get towels from the front desk before going to the pool. My daughter was handed a towel that should have been torn up for rags years ago. When I complained about the 'holey towel', I got the same shrug and dismissal.
The people next door complained about the heat not working, and the maintenance guy couldn't fix it (it was also mislabelled). The person at the desk asked if they wanted to pack up their stuff and move to another room, but the guy across the hall fixed it. There was a party in the hallway until 2 am, and no staff member came by. We found out the next morning, that both doors leading to the parking lot opened without a room key, that the pad was merely for show. All you had to do was shake the door, and the lock gave. Of course, who would come to steal anything here, they couldn't be bothered to plow the parking lot, so that paying guests could get in or out. Avoid this dump, it is a disgrace to the Ramada name.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family