Ramada London
Agoda.com
$110
$93
Travelocity
Quality Suites London(London)(Great Value!)
$60
$51
$117
Hotel Metro(London)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfront deskdeep endfridge and microwavehockey teamcleaning staffrooms were very cleanhotel staffnon smoking roomeasy accessindoor poolhot breakfastdarrylmorrisontournamentexeterhighwaycanada
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Let's cover the positives first: Ample parking, located close to the 401 and situated along the busy Wellington strip near malls and many family restaurants and bars. It's fairly cheap and the staff are courteous. Tim Horton's across Exeter if you need to avoid breakfast (recommended).
Reality check: The walls are paper thin and the rooms and decor are badly in need of a makeover. The pool is downright scary and the fitness centre is a joke. Seems to be a magnet for townies, red-necks, hunter-types. Dogs barking at all hours. Hockey teams running amok.

If you are on a budget and don't care about being on the outskirts of the city, then this could be your place.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a cott. The regular beds are noisy and if you're over 6 feet, your legs are dangling!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cape_codders40
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Ramada Inn at 817 Exeter Road, London On

-Ramada Inn in London, is one of my favourite places to stay, if I’m looking for an affordable, nice quality, comfortable hotel room, with extremely friendly & understanding staff.

-Over the past year, due to serious family member illness, my sister, mother & I have required many many last minute overnight stays at Ramada inn so we could be close to my father who was at University Hospital.

-The staff has been extremely accommodating, shuffling things around to help provide us with a last minute room that suits our needs, and welcoming my kitty cat Jasper to stay with open arms (which is rare these days, to find nice hotels that allow pets).

-First of all, the beds are quite comfortable, most of the rooms are updated with brand new air conditioners/heaters, and it’s nice to have a flat screen tv, microwave, fridge etc with no added cost. The large indoor pool is always heated warm, a nice perk.

-Darryl, the manager is like one friendly teddy bear, always smiling, allowing us in certain circumstances to check out late (if we needed to visit my dad at the hospital), always making us feel that our occasional requests are doable, and his focus is always on us; how he can improve our stay, lessen our general worries, and help us get a great nights rest. We truly appreciate this, and have not forgotten your generosity ♥

-Mike, Jeff & Joan are three of the staff at the front desk/reception that know my family’s names off by heart, they are always greeting us with smiles, how are yous, asking about my father & his progress, coming to help us out if we have any concerns. They are always providing us with messages or goodies left for us by family & friends, and they too have gone out of their way to make us feel welcome. These 3 staff are always so genuine, and are a great asset to Ramada Inn. They have helped make my family feel welcome, and now that we’ve been going to Ramada every other weekend or so for almost 7 months, I feel like I have found a home away from home, no thanks to the great work and kindness of Mike, Jeff & Joan! Thanks guys! ♥

-The maintenance staff are absolutely wonderful. John, the handy man, is great, always coming to do a quick repair as asked, in & out so quickly you wonder how he had time to even fix the bathroom light etc etc. Thanks!

-I also have to say that the housekeeping ladies are soooo sweet! Especially Marijia & Ana, I have grown very fond of these two ladies, they often greet my mom & I with hugs, asking how we’re doing, how my father is doing, and going out of their way to brighten up our day with a big genuine smile, hug or joke of some kind. They too make Ramada inn feel like a home away from home, and they often remind me of my grandmother, soo sweet, but also, very hardworking ♥

-The restaurant at Ramada Inn is great! More than fair prices, good quality food, and friendly staff. Tina, Bonnie & Paul surely know my family’s orders off by heart now that we have become regulars, and its great to be able to joke & laugh around with the staff during our meals. They are great at their jobs. We also appreciate the restaurant/hotel's generosity in providing my family with complementary breakfast coupons, throughout some of our stays here. Given the many trips to London to visit my dad over the past 7 months, and likely in the future, providing those coupons intermittently has been very valuable and helped little by little, alleviate some of the financial stress that having a family member in hospital for so long, can create. Thank you thank you thank you. ♥

-And it goes without saying, that the cooks, Josh & Rouwel have found their niche, as they make yummy food, and you will never leave Ramada without a full belly.

I could go on and on about the many ways that Ramada has impressed me, and reasons why it is a great, affordable place to stay … but check it out for yourself, you will be pleasantly surprised ☺

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Erin W
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were greeted by Joan at the front desk. She was very friendly and helpful when we told her that we had tried to book over the phone with an agent with the call being dropped. She gave us a good price and included breakfast which took a lot of stress away. We told her that we had to keep our 8 year old awake so he could have some test done at sick kids in the morning and she was on board to helping us. She talk to the next staff about us and she was very helpful as well. The room was awesome!! The agent on the phone said there was only smoking rooms left but Joan set us up with a non smoking room which was great!! The room was so much nicer than i seen on pictures...omg bed was so comfy!!!! If anyone is to ask would i ever stay there again i would have to say absolutely!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank funtraveling2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Joan was working the desk the evening of Sept. 26, 2013 when we checked in at the last minute without a reservation. We had just come from the Days Inn because they refused to comply with a simple request to allow my daughter's wheelchair to fit into the bathroom. Joan was unaware of the reason the other hotel called to ask if she had a room for 4 nights. Joan encountered 2 bedraggled travelers who were frustrated and appalled by the treatment of the previous hotel as well as being tired from an 8 hour road trip. Joan listened to our story and then proceeded to make up for it all which was not her responsibility. She showed us the room first to assure that it was acceptable and that my daughter could access the bathroom with her wheelchair. The rate was more than the other property and she graciously offered not only to match the price of the other hotel but lowered it and threw in coupons for free hot breakfasts since breakfast was included at the other hotel. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast in the restaurant was very good and everyone who worked there had smiles all the time.
I advised the front desk manager, Darryl, the next day of how wonderful and welcoming Joan was and discovered that she hadn't informed anyone of what she had done. We felt she went above and beyond but it made all the difference in the world to us.
She also did the same thing for another guest about an hour after we checked in who experienced the same treatment for the Days Inn.
Thank you Joan and Ramada London for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed her in August, and we booked 3 rooms - one for ourselves and our daughter, and 2 more rooms, for our son, his wife and 2 girls, and our other son and his girlfriend. We were quite pleased with this place. Even though we knew there were some teams staying here, we didn't hear alot of noise, and had comfortable sleeps. The front desk staff were really good, and the restaurant that we got vouchers for Sunday brunch was really good!! We loved the omelets and waffles made for us. This place is not brand new, but it is good. Don't see what the negative reviews were about. We defintely thought it was good value for what we got. We will go back. The staff at the restaurant were really good too.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family