Ramada London
TownePlace Suites
$82
$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsfront deskdeep endfridge and microwavehockey teamcleaning staffrooms were very cleanhotel staffnon smoking roomeasy accessindoor poolhot breakfastdarrylmorrisontournamentexeterhighwaycanada
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Booked through Expedia because it was a three star rating. We were passing through Ontario and would only be stopping overnight, but we were unnerved just pulling in from the road. First room we were given was warm because the AC didn't work. Got a new room off of a corridor that reeked of stale cigarette smoke, right behind a door with no smoking signs on it. Hallways had crumbs on the floor, carpets are rippled, bathtub is stained. This looks nothing like the pictures posted and I'm shocked it has three stars. If I hadn't already paid and would face a fight for a refund, we would have moved to another hotel across the street.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dogkids
Ramada_London817, Director of Sales at Ramada London, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value all of our guests’ opinions, whether positive or negative, as it is a great tool that allows us to see where we need to improve. I certainly agree that the outside of the building is in need of a facelift, which is why we currently have a team hard at work repairing and painting the exterior of the building. We are also installing all new HVAC – heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning units, in all of our bedrooms, and our bathroom renovations have been underway for a few weeks now. I am sorry that you found your stay to be unsatisfactory but I do encourage you to contact us for your next stay in London, Ontario as I am sure the majority of these issues will soon be resolved.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have been staying here once a week for well over a year and couldn't be happier. The rooms are always well prepared and clean and have everything I need for my visit. Access to the computer in the business center is easy and convenient and the Wifi works well with the password provided at check-in. There is also a pool and fitness centre. The food at Chelsea's restaurant has always been good, both in the evening and for breakfast in the morning. But without a doubt the biggest asset at this location is the staff. I feel welcome immediately upon my arrival and all the staff I have dealt with are all more than ready to go the extra mile to make sure my stay is as enjoyable as possible. I would have no problem sending my family and friends here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your opinions and kind words. I am happy to hear that you are taking advantage of the many complimentary amenities we offer, such as the high-speed wireless internet, business center, indoor heated pool and fitness room. We pride ourselves on our customer service and always try to go above and beyond for our valued guests. We really appreciate your weekly business and look forward to warmly welcoming you back for your next visit.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I'm pretty sure I'll never set foot in this Ramada again.

It was a last minute trip to London, Ontario. We saw the listing on a website and it didn't look bad. When we first got there, we thought it was OK. When we walked into reception, there was a very loud party with 20 somethings drinking. The front desk assured us that we would not be in ear shot of that party. What he failed to mention was the barking dog that we would be in earshot of our room. The dog that barked for an hour and nothing was done. Utterly unacceptable at 11pm. To add to the annoyance, the party that was indoors relocated outdoors and I could hear everything. I swear, the walls in this Ramada are paper thin. I could even hear the guy in the next room peeing and flushing his toilet...just as if he was in my own room!

The room was clean (I hope) but unappealing. It had two DOUBLE beds. Um...who sleeps on double beds these days?? What happened to queen size?? The shower had black stains on the bottom and mildew in the corners. The toilet paper roller had rust. At $68 for the night before tax...unacceptable.

When we checked in, we did get one free drink in the bar where the bar tender was nice enough to let us eat our take-out from Pappa John's pizza. We also got free breakfast off the menu the next morning. It was OK at best. I'm glad we didn't pay for it. I had the apple crepes. They tasted burnt and the apples were undercooked...so I don't recommend you order that. The fresh coffee wasn't very good. McDonalds has better coffee. The restaurant was clean, but not enticing...not screaming "you want to eat here!"...not at all.

I think next time we have have a last minute trip to London, we'll pay the extra $100 and stay at the Holiday Inn or Hilton Garden Inn or something. At least it's friend AND CLEAN. I think even with an "upgrade or discount" we were promised upon returning, I still wouldn't go back to this Ramada.

Room Tip: This Ramada allows pets. Ask if there are guests with pets close to your room, if yes, move rooms.
1  Thank storm_420
Darryl M, Front Office Manager at Ramada London, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We always value guest comments, whether positive or negative, as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our guests’ experience with Ramada London for future visits. I am truly sorry that you were unhappy with your room. We do offer several different room types, including rooms with two queen beds, for the same great rate. I see you took advantage of our fantastic May special which includes two drinks in our lounge as well as the complimentary hot breakfast in the morning. I was particularly concerned about your breakfast comments, as our hot breakfast is made fresh to order and is often highly complimented.

Our official pet policy is that we do allow small pets for a nominal fee, with the understanding that the pet MUST be supervised by their owner at all times. Had we been aware that the dog was causing a noise disturbance, it would have been swiftly dealt with. That being said, I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.

We are in the process of completely renovating our bathrooms, so I certainly hope you give us an opportunity to offer you an updated room upon your next trip to London. Among other renovations, we have added new desk chairs and flat screen tv’s to most of our guest rooms.

Once again, I apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. If you would like to further discuss these issues and what I can offer you for a future stay, please contact me at your convenience.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

Great price $65/night and very comfortable beds. We arrived 11pm and left a 6:30am so all we needed was sleep. Unfortunately no one at the desk 6:30am so bit of wait to check out. They should just put your receipt under the door at night like other hotels so you can just leave. For the price, would stop here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your restful night sleep on one of our new Simmons Beautyrest mattresses along with our new linens and pillows, which have been added to all of our guestrooms. I apologize for the delay in checking out, as we are fully staffed 24-hours a day. For your convenience we do offer express check-out which can be requested upon arrival. Hopefully upon your next stay with us, you will have an opportunity to enjoy our fresh hot breakfast. Thanks for choosing Ramada London.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

The staff are EXCELLENT, however the facility is shabby,worn, and dated with paper thin walls and stained sinks and tubs with cracked fixtures. The broadloom is stained and worn throughout.The beds are new and comfortable however If the person next door is speaking or has the TV on you may as well be in the same room.
Staff try very hard to accomadate thier guests but can't keep up with this tired old dame of a building. Having stayed in 2011 we were promised upgraded and renovated rooms upon our return this year but they were still not ready a year later. We were then offered a suite which was simply a larger wornout room. The halls smell of smoke from the lower smoking section floor.There are a cluster of hotels on Exeter road where your money would be better spent.

Room Tip: If you must stay ask to be on the second floor away from the 401 Highway.
1  Thank Dan C

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We pride ourselves in great customer service and always try to go above and beyond for our guests. Our bathroom renovations are currently under way, as well we have recently replaced all of our mattresses, linens, pillows, our guestroom desk chairs and have installed new flat screen tv’s in most of our rooms.