“Disgusting!”
Review of Days Inn London

Days Inn London
Ranked #23 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a business traveller. I always stay at the same hotel when I am in London and this week due to a booking mistake, I was without a hotel room for the night. I was in a very sticky situation. It was snowing and very late @ night. I live 11/2 away. All the rooms in the city were completely booked due to the World skating.
My hotel found me a hotel to stay in for the night. This is where the nightmare began.
First of all I walk down the hallway and it smells of smoke. I get into my room and the bed has a thin sheet for covers the box spring is exposed, the bathroom and here is where if I didn't see it for myself I wouldn't have believed it! The walls were disgusting! The bathroom didn't look like it was cleaned in years! I had the worst sleep ever and I had some pretty big meetings the next day! In the morning I go to check out , I mentioned to the front desk that my room was absolutely the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in! I began to tell her my experience and she said " that this room must have been missed in housekeeping" she also asked if I asked for another room??? her attitude was absolutely unacceptable. I am still upset over this experience and yes two days later still talking about. I should have drove home!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Milina D
There are newer reviews for Days Inn London

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have used this hotel in London often over the years as well as others, but i keep coming back to this place. Great service, great price, clean and quiet...what more do you want?

The Knotty Pine restaurant in the lobby is a great addition from breakfast to steak its just as great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GourmetThomas285
Reviewed March 7, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rita S
Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are travelling down the 401 and need to break up your drive stay here. The beds are not the best but the pillows were good and the bath tub tile was free of mold! It is close to the 401 exit and parking plentiful. It also has rooms with a patio for smoking... there was a hint of smoke in the hallways in the smoking side but the air seem clean by the non-smoking rooms.

Decor is outdated, but if you are just stopping for some shut eye... does it really matter?

Room Tip: They do offer a smoking and non-smoking choose accordingly. And the rooms are pretty spaced out so...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Could not find anything to complain about if I tried, It's not the Hilton, some seem to expect so much however when you pay 70 bucks for a room in a family hotel you generally receive less at MOST of the hotels around. This place is peaceful secure and "exactly as it says on the box" . Staff are great and that ices the cake, rooms are acceptable, clean, fridge, microwave, bed!! 5 star customer service at a 2 star rate

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed at this motel a couple of times in the last while, so it wasn't so bad I refused to go back. But the two rooms I stayed in both had some issues. The first one was not well cleaned and had some kind of crusty material on the bathroom counter. The second room had a stopped up sink. I used a straw to clean it out enough to drain, but it wasn't nice. I took a smoking room, so maybe they just don't keep them up as well as the non-smoking rooms. The fridge, microwave, and tv all worked fine. The bed was a bit too firm for my tastes. The restaurant made a good toasted western and the location is convenient to the mall and several eateries.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business