“Fine for the price”
Review of Days Inn London

Days Inn London
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 16, 2012

First off, no one is mistaking the Days Inn for the Ritz. This is a hotel that is low on the price level, which means that your expectations need to be set accordingly. So with that caveat, I'll say that my experience was middle of the road. Accommodations were very nice. Sheets clean, bed comfortable, sufficient hot water, and friendly and helpful staff. So if you're just looking for an inexpensive place to park your body for the evening, then the Days Inn is suitable.

However, the wireless is spotty at best. We booked one of the conference rooms for a meeting (more on that in a sec) and the wireless was down both mornings. And while I was staying there, the wireless went out around 10pm and, even with a call to the front desk, they didn't seem to be able to get it back on by morning. So if connectivity is a requirement, I might suggest looking elsewhere.

Away from the rooms, the Days Inn is less impressive. The conference rooms are buried in the lower level. They have a dingy, dated look with minimal cell service. I didn't experience this, but my colleague was also not particularly impressed with the washroom facilities. Again, let me emphasize that this is an inexpensive location. But when I compare this meeting with a similar meeting held in a hotel in Kitchener (albeit at a cost of about 15-20% more), the difference is night and day. Just something to keep in mind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Days Inn London

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

For those looking for good value for money, Days Inn on Wellington Rd is a good choice - comfortable bed, good maid service, and a small open pool if weather permits. Just across white oaks mall which is a great place for shipping and entertainment (with Walmart , cinemas, and good shops). Steps away from coffee shops and restaurant chains. About 5 km away from downtown London. Air conditioning unit is a bit noisy and one may find it irritating - rooms may need some upgrade esp TV sets.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, there were 2 adults and 3 children.

Check in was a breeze and the staff was very friendly. I asked to leave my car there for a few days before checking in as I was going out of town, and they were more than accommodating.

The room was large, and we ordered a rollaway bed which promptly showed up. Air Conditioning was in wall and a little noisy, but it drowned out all other noise and made for the kids to fall asleep quickly. The free wifi was easy to connect to and fast.

All in all, for the price I paid, the hotel and the service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We`ve previously stayed in the Ramada Inn and the London Hotel and Suites, and honestly Days Inn is much cheaper, a better value, and with better customer service than the other two (surprisingly). A couple tips though - this is a large motel with, seeminlgly, some rooms used more than others. My recommendation is to ask for those rooms because they are cleaner and have been maintained better and more frequently. Thus ask for a room by the pool.

Also, don`t opt for the king bed - even if you are just a couple. These are not used very often (see above), and are actually smaller rooms than the ones with the two queens.

Restaurant is one of the best we`ve been to if you are looking for the all around home cooked breakfast menu with good coffee. Can`t beat the location for shopping - directly across from White Oaks mall. Pool was clean and cared for.

Price cant be beat for what you get, and service is immediate towards any concerns you might have.

Room Tip: Get a room by the pool - and opt for the double queen rather than the king sized - these rooms are u...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I originally wrote a review a few years back, but after spending more nights here, I'm changing my tune by a long shot.

The hotel isn't high-class, fancy, or about to give you the "oooh la la" feeling, but, it's exactly what you'd want in a reasonable hotel. The parking is free, the staff is extremely helpful (I had one staff member come to my room to help me with a TV issue), and it's done nothing but improve since the first time I stayed.

For $60 a night, you've got a Boston Pizza and Jack Astors within a two minute walk, you're on the main street, just seconds from the 401, and check-in/out is a breeze. When I'm in London, unless I'm given a great discount elsewhere, I stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This hotel is showing it's age. the AC was not on when I entered the room and it was a very hot humid day. I turned it on and set it at 64 F at 3pm and it still hadn't cooled down to a comfortable temperature by 9pm. It was quiet and clean but everything was old and worn. the stair treads were lose. there were no elevators. the coffee that was supposed to be in the room had not been replenished so that there were two DECAF packets and none with caffeine. The information booklet in the room was torn and sticky and dirty. they were nice about the AC and gave me a 10% off my room rate. To pay $80 for a single room seemed like a lot for the condition of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank zinka69
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We needed a quick night stay on our way to Niagara Falls and got a decent price from Hotwire.com. The best part was its convenient location right next to the main road and close to freeway with many restaurants options nearby. There was nothing special about this place. Not great, not terrible, just your average dated motel. The room was ok in cleanness, beds were so-so, shower worked. Our room was in the back so noise wasn’t an issue. Some little things were start to fall apart, but we had no major complaints, especially we didn’t pay too much for our stay. The front desk staff seemed friendly enough based on brief interactions during check in and out. The bottom line: we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family