“very nice, quiet, great staff”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 11, 2006

We've only stayed in two Residence Inns so far and I'm not sure how typical they've been, but I think I like the studio plan better than the bedroom we had here. We got upgraded and had a huge corner living room, separate kitchen and a separate bedroom with barely enough room for the furniture. It was 20 paces around a couple of corners from the couch to the bedroom, amazing! But the space was not that useful; for example the dining table was very small. There were only 8 rooms on our floor and we had a great rate -- I don't see how they're making any money.

Both Residence Inn rooms have been nice and clean with no smell at all, which I appreciate a lot. I love having a kitchen! I've forgotten the details of this stay, but had a very positive impression of the staff and the room was very quiet.

The one thing I would mention is minor. In a hotel where you can choose to leave the sheets unchanged to save energy, it doesn't make sense for the maid run the dishwasher with three things in it! We didn't know where the dishes had disappeared to until the next day.

We will definitely try to stay here next year, and will check out the studio rooms.

• Stayed: March 2006
1  Thank Happier-at-home

Reviewed March 22, 2006

I stayed at the Residence Inn London Downtown on March 9, 2006 - only for one night on business. We booked a 2 bedroom suite. I have stayed in many Marriott brand hotels including several Residence Inns, but this hotel in my opinion, is definitely not up to Marriott standards.
The lobby area was lovely - looked to be newly decorated, but the suite was another issue altogether. I was a bit shocked when I opened the door to a suite that looks as if the furniture was at least 20 years old. The couch was tattered and sagging, the table in the kitchen area had wobbly legs, the beds were ancient and the bathrooms small with less than adequate counter space.
There was a fully equipped kitchen, except all the dishes were still in the dishwasher when we arrived so we couldn't even find a glass to drink out of.
I was not impressed with this Residence Inn and will not stay here in the future. The property needs serious updating.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2006

We stayed for 8 nights...great place. We can't say enough about the staff. They were AWESOME. Great breakfast in the mornings. The cookies in the afternoon is a nice touch and the evening snacks were great. We stayed in a one bedroom suite...everything was perfect....I would without hestitation recommend someone staying here.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 22, 2005

I stayed at this hotel with 3 other friends. We shared the 2-bedroom suite and it was perfect! Nice size bedrooms, 2 bathrooms which is wonderful, and a great size living room & kitchen area. We are coming back to stay again in Oct. Hightly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2005
Reviewed February 27, 2005

My party for 4 (2 adults and 2 teenagers) stayed here on 02-26-05, a Saturday night. We found our Studio room to be spacious, clean, quiet and equipped with all the comforts of home including 2 large closets, a full kitchen (with cleaning supplies), microwave popcorn and a dishwasher. There was also a hot tub and a workout room in the building. For breakfast in the morning I made my own malted waffle with the griddle provided in the common breakfast area. The staff seemed genuinely interested in meeting any needs we might have. They made us feel quite at home. I would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2005
2  Thank Guinness5
Reviewed June 17, 2004

Staying at the Residence Inn is like renting your own apartment. You get a huge suite with very large living area, dining area and office with free high speed wireless internet access. There is a separate full kitchen with oven, hob, huge fridge freezer with ice maker. You also get things like toaster, coffee maker etc. All cutlery and crockery is also provided.

There is a bedroom with TV and bathroom with all the usual amenities.

Breakfast is complementary and quite varied, they also serve a small buffet in the evenings. There is a convenience store next door the the hotel and a larger store opposite. The hotel will do your shopping for you if you leave your list at reception. They do not charge for this, you only pay for the goods.

The hotel location is excellent and within walking distance of the main shopping area, where there are also plenty of restaurants. There is also free parking, either above or below ground, laundry facilities and a gym on site.

The hotel is nothing special, but has everything you should need and I would definitely use them again when visiting London. We stayed 8 nights and were very comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2004
5  Thank CanadaJane
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 27, 2004

The hotel was fairly easy to locate off the highway, and it is in a good location. There was free underground parking which was nice, and hotel staff was quite helpful. The rooms are spacious and include a small kitchen. There is a market across the street if you need anything to cook up ranging from deli products, produce, and desserts. It was easy to get to shopping malls, the university, and the bars downtown from this location. Don't expect anything fancy but it is a nice hotel that I would like to return to.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member