“Nice Apartment style hotel”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament. We had a two bedroom unit which was a very good size plus it had a separate living room and kitchen. While we didn't eat meals there, you could have certainly used the kitchen for morning breakfasts and lunch if you wanted. Location was convenient to a number of restaurants in downtown London and being central, you could get to all the rinks in less than 15 minutes no matter where they were in town including one in the far east end. Sleep was comfortable although not very sound proof as you could hear the other rooms when they were up early. Staff were very pleasant and helpful

Breakfast buffet was average and struggled a little with how busy the hotel was on the Sunday morning but the staff tried very hard. The only other concern was that it only has two elevators. With over 120 units in the hotel, it can be a little slow at times. Also, it doesn't have a pool on site which meant less for the kids to do but offsetting this, the hotel staff let us use the restaurant area and patio for a team bbq which worked out really well.

Overall. Good value for money.

Room Tip: I would ask for a floor on the 3rd or 4th floors. Allows you to use the stairs when elevators get b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear RH Travellors,

I am glad to hear that you and your team had a great BBQ during your stay. I also want to let you know that we hope to get in the near future a brand new set of elevators here at the hotel. You are absolutely right when we are full it does take some time like most hotels for the elevator! I hope that you all had fun during your competition here in London. We hope to see you all again next year!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our first experience with Marriott Residence Inns, and we were very pleased. We were provided with a proper crib for our daughter - a really nice upgrade from the usual pack n play. With the price so low, we were able to splurge on a two bedroom suite and have a separate bedroom for her two. She slept through the night - a rare treat when we are traveling! The staff was very friendly and quick to help. Breakfast was fantastic too - loved the waffle maker.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cristacueto,

Thank you for this great review! I am glad to hear that you found our breakfast delicious and plentiful! We hope to see you again if you are ever back in London.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

A surprisingly large one bedroom suite greeted me when I checked into the hotel. It was not the Ritz, but gave good value for money. Front office staff were friendly, The TV, showers and air-conditioners worked the way they were supposed to, and there was lots of room

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear 10izboy,

Thank you for this great review, I will share with our staff your positive comments.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was great value for the price paid - we had a 2 room suite (1 bedroom, king) which was quite spacious and included a full kitchen - the kitchen being the reason I opted for this hotel as I have various dietary restrictions and needed to prepare my own food. For this reason I didn't have the complimentary continental breakfast however my husband did enjoy it.

Including the kitchen, free wi-fi and ironing board I had everything I needed for my stay. If a higher rating had been available to evaluate the service I would certainly have rated it much higher. The front desk staff, particularly Denise, went out of their way to provide top notch service and it was much appreciated.

The bed was quite comfortable, and the bedroom itself a bit on the small side. When trying to sleep I could, for a brief time, hear other guests (a large group) and at another point I could hear a car honking (this is a downtown location, I'm surprised there weren't more traffic noises). The next morning we saw a train going by and were quite surprised we couldn't hear it - obviously some consideration has been taken to soundproofing the rooms, but it can be hit and miss?

Our one complaint was the renovation happening in the parking lot when we arrived. Aside from the workers and equipment in the lot there was also a police cruiser - making a little crowded to maneuver. We were lucky someone was leaving otherwise there would have been no spot for us. Upon check-in we were informed that there is additional underground parking - however they have to notify an employee to open the door to let you into the underground parking. We opted to stick with the outdoor spot we originally found. It would have been nice to have been notified beforehand about the parking situation. Not a big deal and obviously just a temporary thing. Parking was $12 additional.

In reading the info provided with our room key we discovered the Globe & Mail is automatically delivered to our door at a cost of $2 (for the Saturday paper) but you are able to opt out if you notify the front desk.

I definitely recommend this hotel as being comfortable, clean and with exceptional service. If we're back to London in the future we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MorningGlory81

Dear Jolene B,

I want to thank you for a great review! We take pride in taking great care of our guests and I will be sure to share with our staff your great comments.

I also want to apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you during your stay while we were renovating our parking garage.

We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in London!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed for five nights in a two bedroom suite to settle our daughter into college. The location was perfect, close to the major malls and shopping areas and to Fanshawe where my daughter is attending. The room is big with a full kitchen. Morning breakfast was ok. Additionally there were two nights of dinner included but we were not in.

Room Tip: Two bedroom is large and inexpensive
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Trinitraveller88

Dear Trinitraveller88,

I am delighted to hear that you found a great value to our hotel! And you are absolutely right about the size of our suites, they are very spacious. We look forward to serving you and your family again the next time you visit your daughter here in London.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is an above par Residence Inn.

This used to be an apartment but has been well rennovated. The hotel had friendly staff, good exercise equipment, and better than usual breakfast food (with the caveat that I usually find Residence Inn breakfasts, particularly in the US, to be horrible - this was pretty decent with bacon, fruit, eggs, yogurt and cereal).

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CanadianCapital
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Canadian Capital,

I am glad to hear that we met your expectations during your stay here with us. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in London!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is our 2nd attempt at this Residence Inn.We were 2 couples and we were able to park outside.What a relief that is! We did not pay for our parking as a gesture from the Manager regarding our last review from the 1st time we stayed there, He also gave us a break on the price. He really went out of his way to make us come back.The staff , the cleanleness, the breakfast , both bedrooms are very good but the living room / dining room area are still very small (crampy ) for 2 couple to sit , watch TV and chit-chat.All in all, we would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ginette and Bi... B

Dear Ginette & Bill,

I want to thank you again for giving us a second opportunity and re-posting a review on this site about your experience here at our hotel! Definitely email me for any future trips to London!