“Excellent experience!”

Residence Inn London Downtown
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were a group of two mothers and four teenagers and stayed in a two-bedroom suite recently. Our room was clean with plenty of bedding, pillows and towels. The complimentary wi-fi worked well. Having the kitchen with the full sized fridge and dishwasher was very handy.
The central location is very handy to events at other hotels or the London Convention Centre. Many restaurants and shops within walking distance.
The morning breakfast was very handy and delicious with good amount of variety and adds to the value of your stay. On Thursday evening we were happy to also find a complimentary supper!
Even better than the accomodations was the service we experienced! All of the staff were attentive, professional, helpful and friendly. Every single staff member we met smiled, said hello and asked if we needed anything. The female front desk manager, Scott at the front desk and Taras in the breakfast room particularly stood out.
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bridget B
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Bridgette B,

I want to thank you for this amazing review, I have shared with our staff your comments and we all look forward to seeing you and your family for any future meets here in London!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Residence Inn in London, Ontario is a clean, comfortable, friendly hotel. The rooms are a bit smaller than other Residence Inn hotels because the building was formerly an apartment building. The 2 bedroom suites felt a bit cramped. As always, they are pet-friendly, however there is not a lot of green space surrounding the building for dogs. It is located in a high traffic area, which makes it a bit noisy at times, but there are restaurants, shops and theatres nearby. The staff was very pleasant and friendly. Breakfast was good and the food was plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JEKOhio
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This property was a pleasant surprise. We attended a family wedding in London September, 2012 and had a three night stay at the Residence Inn before departing on a European vacation. The suites were well appointed, roomy and clean. The breakfast was adequate and a good gathering place for family every morning. The fireside lounge was a perfect place for family gatherings in the evenings. We were able to stock the fridge and have everything for the extended family right there. Laundry facilities were very much appreciated. The inn is centrally located in a good area for walking and seeing London.
The staff was very helpful and friendly.
We had a one bedroom suite and other family members had a two bedroom and bachelor suites so there was plenty of room for all and......the windows opened!!
We had some difficulties with reservations initially but concerns were promptly and efficiently addressed by the weekend manager and there was excellent follow-up. The only downside for family was the absence of a pool.l

Room Tip: Suites on upper floors are have less street noise when windows are open and have good views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gail C
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at the Residence Inn London Downtown during the World Figure Skating Championships, March 12 -18th, 2013. London, Ontario is a small city to host a large world championship, and all the hotels were full. Often, in a situation like this, a hotel will lower its standards because people don't have many other options. Not so at the Residence Inn. The suite was huge, the service was excellent, and every single employee--literally--was helpful and friendly. I particularly appreciated help from Tina at the front desk and Taras in the dining room, but, as I've written, everyone was great.

I would certainly return to this hotel the next time we're in London, and have already recommended it to friends.

Note: We had a huge, two-bedroom suite. Because this room was booked by David Ash of Dash Tours, I have no way to know how much it cost. However, all else being equal, I'd request this suite or one like it.

Also, the main entrance to the hotel looks like the side entrance. It's tiny, with an equally tiny drive-up crescent.
Inside, the desk looks like a bellman's desk, not the main desk of a major hotel. Nothing really wrong with this.
I just mention it so that if you arrive at the hotel, you'll know that you're in the right place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Herman M
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were pleasantly surprise upon arriving at the Reidence Inn. We have stayed in many hotels in London, but the first time for the Residence Inn.
The room was amazing - like a little apartment ! Two separate bedrooms, sitting /tv area, kitchen....we only stayed one night, but could have easily made this a home base for an extended stay ( the kitchen was fully stocked - not food of course ) The complimentary breakfast was good . Something for everyone . The fitness room was great, and the equipment in good working order ( something that is not always the case when staying in hotels - I've experienced it !)
The hotel is located downtown, close to the YMCA. Underground parking was tight and there was a surcharge for this.
The only problem I encountered was that the security deposit came right off my credit card , even though we had prepaid through Expedia. I just happened to check my on - line credit card statement when I got home , and was not pleased to see that showing up. The hotel promplty refunded it when I called and complained. I have never encountered this before at any other hotels....usually just an imprint is taken in case of incidentals.
Over all, we were very satisfied with our stay.

Room Tip: Nice central location - great for extended stays
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank chester4091
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Dear Chester4091,

Thank you for this great review! I also want to apologize for the inconvenience that we might have caused you for the incorrect charges on your credit statement. You will be happy to know that we have taken this challenge as an opportunity for more training to our front line staff! Please let me know the next time you come to London! Cheers

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Had a few hiccups checking in and getting a room with a working tv and suitable for my needs of accommodation but far made up for it by the excellent service at this hotel! Perfect for business travel and would accommodate a family since the suites have a full kitchen. Complimentary breakfast and evening managers reception was perfect!!! My room had lovely furnishings, very very clean - no detail was missed. Front desk reception always said hello and made one feel very welcome at this hotel. Would never hesitate to return to this hotel. 5 star plus!!!!

Room Tip: While no restaurant at this hotel nor room service, the complimentary breakfast and managers recepti...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sttmfamily
RIL2011, Director of Sales at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Bimson Family,

I want to thank you for writing such a great review on this site. I will share with our staff your great review, more specifically our front desk department. We hope to see you soon here in London.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Just returned from London after spending a two night stay from February 22- 24, 2013 in a hotel that was comfortable not luxurious. I was told upon check-in about a $250.00 deposit that is added to the price of your stay which covers any damages that potentially could happen. I wish this was told when I called to reserve the hotel directly but if nothing happens this is waived. I was also informed that the underground parking was tight especially upon entry and this is no exaggeration. I stayed in the 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom and liked the layout which suited our needs. The larger bedroom has an ensuite bathroom (smaller than other bathroom) whereas the smaller bedroom has a bathroom in the main hallway (larger than ensuite bathroom). There were three televisions which was fantastic. The kitchen was very nice and the living/dining room was of ample size. I did have some reservations regarding the chaise lounge in the living room which was worn as well the club chair since they both needed to be reupholstered. The stay was quiet. The breakfast was good with no complaints. The only other reservation that I would comment on is this hotel allows pets which I did not know. I would sincerely hope that rooms where pets are allowed to be occupied are only those rooms and not all over. This is definitely something that the next time I book, I will certainly ask and it will severly impact where I stay.

Room Tip: Going into the underground parking lot required going down a steep hill. You need to make a sharp l...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank EbonyMan

Dear Ebonyman,

I would like to apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused you during your visit to London. You are absolutely right that we should have conveyed to you our policy in terms of cash transactions. I also want to thank you for this great review, and that you found our suites satisfactory and roomy! We are addressing the furniture in the suite that you had stayed in. We look forward to serving you again!