Residence Inn London Downtown
$85
$73
Courtyard
Very Good 4/5
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefull kitchenfront deskunderground parkingabove groundkitchen staffhome away from homehockey tournamentbudweiser gardenscomplimentary breakfastdefinitely stay here againcoffee makerbeds were comfortableymcasuvlindsayri
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2011

Everything about this suite was great! We got a one bedroom and it was so big! The spacious living room/dining room was nice decour and very clean! Our 11month old baby was able to have the whole living room to herself at night, they provided a crib but our daughter likes to roll back and forth so we just used our own pack and play. The appliances were new and awesome, we enjoyed being able to use the dishwasher which helped with the baby bottles and they had all the main utensils and cookingware needed to boil the bottles!
What a great place we will definately be using this in the future!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
RIL2011, Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

Dear Nbow

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on this website about our hotel. We are very proud of our hotel and take great pride on taking care of our guest. We look forward to seeing you and your family back at our hotel the next time you and your family are back in London.

Jeff Dennis
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed January 14, 2011

I'm a Marriott platinum rewards member and travel quite a bit with my job. This was my second stay at the London Residence Inn and I was impressed. Check in went very smoothly. There is plenty of parking available in an underground garage ($10 per day). The room was huge; more like a 2 bedroom apartment than a hotel room. Everything was very clean and recently updated. The room had a nice big desk which enabled me to get a lot of work done. I ate dinner at the hotel, which was pretty good considering the price (free). It was a sandwich buffet with a small salad bar. The complimentary breakfast the next morning was also pretty good. The bed was pretty comfortable - only complaint was that the comforter was pretty thin (a trend I'm noticing at several Marriott hotels) which made it a little difficult to stay warm on a January night in Canada. Overall, I like this hotel and will stay here the next time I return to London.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear FlyNavyCincinnati

Thank you for writing a great comment on this website about our hotel. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. As for our bedding it is brand standards and I also understand that it does get cold here in London Ontario in the winter months. My suggestion would be the next time you come to visit us, just call our front desk and we will gladly get you a warmer blanket for those cold winter nights. We look forward to seeing you back at The Residence Inn by Marriott London Downtown.

Jeff Dennis
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I have stayed here before when visiting family in town and generally the staff is friendly and everything in order. The renovation has been completed and the rooms are comfortable and well done. I stayed in a studio and prefer it over the sometimes awkward layout of the one bedroom units. While the free internet is great, paying for parking is not.
This particular weekend it was very busy with a wedding party and the breakfast area was insane on Sunday morning, but more relaxed and less crowded on Monday.

Overall this hotel is a good choice whether you're traveling on business or visiting family, or for shorter or longer stays. I had a bit of trouble with my first night being an Expedia contract rate and the second paid with points and the rewards points being deducted twice, but the front office manager took care of it promptly later in the week.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I had booked a two bedroom suite at the Marriott as I have done many times before but the morning of my stay I recieved a phone call from Lindsay the Front Office Manager informing me that do to "unforseen" circumstances they would not be able to accommodate me that evening. She offered a neighbouring hotel but it in no way compared to what I had booked. A crowded one bedroom does not a suite make. I have lost all respect for Marriott !!! What good are confirmation numbers??

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Missy2529
MarriottManager519, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2010

The Residence Inn by Marriott, Downtown London, has been designed and purposely built to accommodate extended stay travelers. We provide accommodations for both long term and short term stays. This does include special projects, training, relocations and insurance claims to name a few. It is unfortunate that we were unable to honor your reservation as we had a significant amount of our extended 7 month long term stay guests require an extension to their reservation the same morning as your expected arrival. As you can appreciate they have already been in the hotel 7 months and due to unforeseen circumstances extended their stay, creating an oversold situation.

Once again, please accept my apologies for any inconvenience that was caused to you.

Reviewed September 4, 2010

Our room was beside an air conditioning machine louder than a 747

No one slept all night

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
MarriottManager519, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention. We have notified the local property management company for the building located next to us to advise them of this issue.

I hope you do provide us with a future opportunity to meet or exceed all expectations. Marriott has many great hotels and I hope that your recent experience does not impact your preference as a Marriott guest in alternate cities.