“nothing special.”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel London Ontario
Ranked #9 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 16, 2009

nothing special. but i guess all hiltons are. hotel was dated. service was ok. rooms were alright. bathrooms were poor and small. I paid 89 for a king size room with free internet so i guess what you pay for. the burgers however were freaking awesome. maybe next time i'll stay at the delta and come here for lunch

Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank BigCityLover

Reviewed October 11, 2009

i initially had a room with poor wireless internet connection which didn't work out despite talking to IT so they moved me promptly to a different room where i didn't experience the same problem. very nice people. rooms are clean. room service was prompt. beds are comfortable. i thought the bathrooms were so-so and the TV is not a modern flat screen.
overall i think it's a decent place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank pebl1004
Reviewed September 23, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times during August/September 2009...
The hotel itself is 'ok.' Its extremely outdated, and is in desperate need of a makeover.
I typically stay at the Homewood Suites down by the 401, which is a much better overall value- seeing as you get free dinner and breakfast, as well as free parking (and its a NEW hotel). At the Hilton, its 100 years old... (ok, maybe only 90 years old!), parking is over $13 daily and if its raining, you have to walk outside with your luggage and get drenched... Front desk staff were "okay" all 3 times I stayed... although somewhat inconsistent... 1 time I did not receive an internet access code, another time I was not given my Hilton Honors Points/Airmiles for the stay (this was August 27th, and I have sent 3 'missing points requests' to which I have not received a single acknowledgement!! NICE EH!??!)...

My biggest complaint was the last time I stayed... mid September, 2009...
I was put on the 22nd floor of the hotel, which is the TOP FLOOR of the hotel. I did not think there would be an issue with people being able to see in my hotel room windows.
I thought wrong. BIGTIME WRONG.

I opted to keep the curtains open in the morning, seeing as I was on the 22nd floor, and no close buildings in the area. It was nice to have the natural daylight coming in! I went to have a shower, and then emerge from the bathroom with a towel on my head... making my way to my suitcase to get dressed for work. All of a sudden, a man propells onto my window, and when I say "ONTO MY WINDOW" I mean ONTO MY WINDOW. His feet were firmly planted on the glass, and he then proceeded to squeegee the window!! I guess you could say he got a 'free show.' I was furious... called down to the front desk, and asked if they were aware that there was a man washing windows??? The girl I spoke to knew nothing, and did not know what to say to me. I quickly grabbed my things, and checked out immediately. I asked to speak with a manager downstairs, and expressed my GREAT CONCERN that there was ZERO communication in regards to the window washing, and she did not have much to say. She claimed that they 'left notices' in rooms regarding the potential of window washing, and I quickly assured her that there was not a notice of any kind left in my room. I also made it very clear that this was NOT communicated to me at time of check in. She just kept saying sorry- but did not do anything to make it better... (ie: take some initiative, try to do SOMETHING- ANYTHING! Give me free parking, or Hilton Points- SOMETHING!) Nope, she was completely paralyzed and it seemed as though she did not know how to handle upset customers. I did not feel I should have to 'ask for some kind of compensation'- therefore I did not ask for anything. I paid my entire bill, and paid for my parking, AND LEFT. I WILL NOT RETURN. I WILL SOONER STAY AT THE SUPER 8 MOTEL- at least I'll probably get privacy there!

Note to the manager- next time you find yourself in a situation with a dissatisfied customer, DO SOMETHING. TAKE ACTION. Do not just stand there and say sorry. COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. GO THE EXTRA MILE AND MAKE THE CUSTOMER FEEL APPRECIATED. Time to take a look at how many other hotels are in the area- people have a choice where they spend their money- I travel for business WEEKLY. You have lost hundreds of dollars- WEEKLY! X52 weeks a year!!! TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK!

And by the way- it would be nice if sometime soon my missing points/miles from August 27th were credited to my account... or shall I submit a FOURTH missing stay request???

Come on Hilton- you're not keeping up with the positive reputation that most properties within your company are able to maintain.

p.s. The guy who dresses in the red outfit and mans the door-??
Yeah- this was interesting. I expected him to be the 'happy welcoming committee... holding doors, helping with luggage, etc.' On my way OUT of the hotel, I strugged with the door and my luggage, and when I walked past him, he did not so much as say 'goodbye or have a nice day.' He just gave a funny look and watched me walk by! WHY IS HE HERE IF HE DOES NOT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE GUESTS!? I thought this was hilarious, and was really just the icing on the cake!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
5  Thank Moxy12
Reviewed September 22, 2009

Went the night before we were moving in our son to university in London. Rooms were clean and pleasant. Restaurant was not appealing. Not in the greatest area of the city at night but within walking distance of many restaurants. Would stay there again next year.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank RockyToronto
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Not bad, but you can get a better room for the same price elsewhere in downtown London. This hotel hasn't been renovated in quite a while, and it is starting to show. Simple as that.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Mike_R_8
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Before staying at the Hilton I was not sure what to expect according to some previous reviews; however, we were extremely pleased with our accommodations and the 'Beeefeater' fellow at the front of the hotel presents a commanding presence. He is, as is all other staff, helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank polly_mae
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Stayed here with my wife for a weekend getaway to London. The hotel was nice and clean, with good amenities and great location. Washroom was looking dated and could use some updates, but it was adequately clean.

Hotel staff were very professional and efficient.

Parking is $11/day and they were having problems with people breaking into cars the weekend we were there.

On the down side, there was a hockey tournament and about 250 kids were in the hotel which meant the pool area was unusable for my wife and I and the kids were playing in the elevator all day and all night which made going up and down from your room rather annoying.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple