“This place sucks!”

London Executive Suites Hotel
Ranked #33 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 28, 2009

My friends and I stayed here because we planed on going to go to Yuk Yuks just down the street. We didn't get to Yuk Yuks because we got suck in the elevator for over 1 1/2 hours. The staff did not comunicate with us at all. We had to call them on our cell phones just to find out what was happening. When we got out of the elevator, which is clearly not up to code, they were smirking and being very rude. We did get refunded for the night. However the next morning when speaking to the front desk manager she informed us that they did an excellent job dealing with our situation but refunding our money since they already had to pay $500 for the elevator to be fixed. Once again the way the staff deals with customers is very unprofessional and rude. Not to mention the blood stains on the blankets, dirty towel hanging in the closet, garbage left in the trash cans ect.. I would strongly suggest spending a little more money and getting a room next door at the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed December 17, 2007

Crap!!! No heat, and when i called front desk about it, they first lied and said it works but they just don't have it on because it's too expensive!! Then after he realized i knew it just didn't work, he told me i could put in a request for a base board heater OR JUST USE MORE BLANKETS!! UNBELIEVABLE!! OH and when we arrived there was no phone cord for the phone. When we got a cord, we had to get the phone activated to make outgoing calls and we were also told that we had to pay a fee to make COLLECT outgoing calls!! What a craphole!! The better business bureau should be shutting this dive down!! almost $100.00 a night what a sad annoying experience. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2007

Situated beside the newly built Holiday Inn Express and across the street from London Delta Armouries, this hotel/apartment really pales in comparison and don't let the name mislead you. Constructed in 1970, the inside really shows its age. I stayed one night in a spacious studio with 2Q beds and a full kitchen, in which we did not cook during our stay. If you live in a non-luxury, congested, and old high-rise condo/apartment, it really makes you feel at home. This hotel best suits people who need to stay for an extended period. Its downtown location is definitely a plus. I enjoyed the complimentary passes to YMCA, which is a 2-min walk.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2007

Dirty from the front steps on. Should have turned away then before entering. Parking garage was even full of garbage. Rooms reeked of smoke. Chunks missing from the wall. Very very loud at night!!!. Should have slept in the car.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank boy3andme
Reviewed March 1, 2007

Unfortunately, we had to spend a whole night here. Originally we were going to overlook the disgusting furniture, cracks and bulges in the ceiling, and the broken radiator, however, after seeing ants all over the bathroom and having to call the police, things couldn't be overlooked. The entire stay was horrible. Even after complaining to the management, we were not accommodated at all. Rather, they offered to give us better rates when we returned to stay there. We made it very clear that we would never be returning there. I’ve stayed in dorm rooms that were both cleaner, and had more polite people staffing them. I would highly recommend that any people going to London stay clear of this dump.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
4  Thank WindsorStudent
Reviewed February 6, 2007

This was quite possibly the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. I had to be in it for a long time, for a long-term project I was on.

I stayed there for a solid 6 months, so I can tell you everything that's wrong with this place.

Quick run down of problems

- Our clothes were constantly stolen out of the dryers and washing machines. There were no spots to sit in the laundry room to watch our stuff, and it was too dirty, smelly and drafty in the winter to do so.

- No heating in the rooms in winter because the windows were drafty, and they didn't give us a space heater until we complained loud enough

- The beds were dirty - had bed bugs. To their credit, they offered to get us a new mattress and whatnot, but c'mon now!!! It shouldn't be a problem in the first place!!

- Mice in the walls and running around the bedroom. Yes. Mice. And when we asked when the exterminator would be coming in they said " In a week ". I'd expect "ASAP" as the answer, not in a week!

- Hotel staff completely inept (most of them, not all). The assistant hotel manager had no clue how to fix our hotel rooms, she did not know how to book us properly into our room and had to ask one of the other hotel clerks to do it for her. Quite frankly, I'm not really sure what she does with her time, considering she's the ASSISTANT hotel manager. She had to keep asking the hotel manager for any little decision, even whether or not we could switch rooms, or other little things that she should be able to do as a manager.

And the new staff that they hired, they put the poor girl on her FIRST night shift ALONE. Which means in the morning before anyone arrived at 9 a.m., she had no idea how to bill me to give me a receipt, and didn't even know how to count the days properly to calculate the correct amount. I had to correct HER.

- Maids didn't clean the rooms properly. We resorted to vacuuming our rooms ourselves.

- Maids would forget towels/change sheets, what have you. Mind you, some of it was us not wanting them to come in on some days, but when we say no once, we don't mean No to clean bedsheets and towels every day!!

- Elevator constantly broke down. We resorted to taking the stairs because it was ridiculous how long the elevator would take. This wasn't just a slow elevator, it was the granddaddy of all the slowest elevators in the world.

- Parking spaces downstairs were limited, and you ended up having to park in some other parking lot instead of in a nice heated area

- The shadiest, and worst characters would come into the hotel. It'd be ridiculously loud with them screaming, yelling and running drunk up and down the halls, and one guy even got arrested because the inept hotel clerk had given out the other hotel guest's room number to him, so this guy ran upstairs to the room at 4 a.m., banged on the door so loudly that it woke us up, and kept on yelling for some guy to come out of his room.

- It's a hotspot for university and college students to come in, pay for one cheap night, and drink/party hard in the rooms all night. It was ridiculous that they didn't screen anyone.

And to think they had just 'renovated', this hotel is AWFUL.

If you want more, I have more stories.. but those are the choice bits I remember. Choice being the operative word.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank msn57
Reviewed January 22, 2007

There is nothing to commend about the Executive Suites in London. I see others who comment that it "feels like home", which leads me to believe that there must be some pretty horrid looking dwellings out there. For those of you who actually have some taste and have greater expectations and are not easily impressed because you find that the hotel has stocked toilet paper, this is not your place. I stayed here because I didn't book well enough in advance during homecoming weekend. The hotel simply has no redeeming qualities. Rooms are small and the washroom is better left unused, unless you forgot to use a public stall before heading back to your room. I could see the hotel having a place in the market at less than $50 per night; however, at their rates you had better look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled with friends