“Decent Hotel. Great Staff”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 5, 2010

Comfortable bed, small room but quiet and clean, good breakfast, great service, good location except sketchy neighbourhood at night for a solo female guest. Close to VIA train station. The only downside was the bath plug didn't work well and filled with water during shower. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown

Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night as we went to a concert at the John Labatt Centre. Location wise- it was right downtown. We walked to & from the Holiday Inn Express from both the JLC & the greyhound station (about 15-20 minute walk) . Its near a lot of restaurants & bars, so finding somewhere to eat was never an issue. Theres a Hasty Market 2 minutes away for snacks etc.

Check in was quick, our room on the 7th floor was clean & the beds were very comfortable. The staff was nice & the complementary breakfast buffet was better than we had anticipated. The free wifi was a great too.

Overall, great stay. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2010

We stayed here because it was one of the least expensive places in downtown London but next time I'll probably go back to the Hilton or even the Marriott. The room was clean, comfortable beds, and breakfast was fantastic (included in price) with scrambled eggs, hardboiled eggs, bacon, cereals, yogurt, good coffee.... but my biggest complaint is that the high speed wireless didn't work consistently and I got booted off repetitively and could not get my work done while I was there. THe fitness room had a broken Bowflex and the treadmill was very frustrating. I am no slouch when it comes to using those things and it took me 10 minutes to finally get it to accept a program and run it. Then, when you go to increase the speed while running, it shuts right down and grinds the belt to a halt !!!

From here you are an easy walk to the main restaurant row at Wellington to Richmond St.s

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2010

Rooms were great. Very comfortable and affordable. We were able to walk downtown London and walked by many good pubs, restaurants and coffee shops. I'd stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed here on a recent trip to London for a concert at the Labatt Center. We chose this hotel mostly for its price and location, but were pleasantly suprised by an upgrade to a suite, the cleanliness of the hotel and walking distance to bars, restaurants and the event. Not sure what the comment about bad neighborhoods meant, as we felt safe walking even after midnight. Highly recommend Morrisey's Pub across the street for a unique and delicious dining experience. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2009

Hotel is o.k. at best. Rooms are very small and a little noisey, but thery are very clean and well appointed with a bar fridge and a microwave.
Hotel is also in a very bad part of London on Dundas Street East. Film crews wanting to use urban decay as a backdrop should check this neighbourhood out. I felt like l was in Detroit. There was a fire near by, a woman stabbed somebody, and a drug raid on a house all within blocks of our hotel.

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Checked into this hotel at the last minute for 1 night because I was in town for a conference and my previously arranged accomodation didn't work out. All staff was very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure my stay was as comfortable as possible for the short time I was there. They were very patient with me in answering all my questions and preparing the room as I had requested with only a few hours notice. I had requested extra blankets and pillows throughout the night and they were brought to my room promptly in about five minutes so could get some sleep. When I asked a question they didn't know the answer to they would ask someone else to get me the information I needed. Upon checkout I made them aware of something I was not happy with and they apologized and gave me a discount on the room. I was very impressed by this gesture and would stay there again based on this experience.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business