“Very nice rooms but staff needs to improve a bit”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
Paris
“Very nice rooms but staff needs to improve a bit”
Reviewed January 18, 2009

If you're looking for a nice, clean and well furnished hotel room in downtown London On then this is the place. The Bathroom is sparkless, the towels smell good, the bed is very comfy and the flat screen tv makes you feel like home. However, front desk employes need to improve the way the adress customers : i feel more welcomed into a fast food restaurant than i did on my arrival there.

• Liked — Comfort of the room
  • Disliked — Front desk employes were a bit snobbish
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled solo
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
SW Ontario
Reviewed January 2, 2009

I booked our stay for New Year's Eve here and am so glad I did. The hotel was bright and clean and our room was immaculate. The bathroom offered toiletries and lots of clean fluffy towels. The bed was comfortable and we had a flat screen tv. The hotel is completely non-smoking and our room did not smell like smoke at all. The underground parking was great too.

The staff were friendly and efficient. We had a small charge added to our room for parking when I had been told that it was included in the rate I booked. I brought this to the attention of the front desk staff at check out and it was promptly removed from our bill.

The free breakfast was great. Bacon, eggs, biscuits, hot cinnamon buns, bagels, toast, english muffins, cereals, muffins, several types of fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, tea, coffee, and hot chocolate! There were at least 2 staff members constantly refilling items and cleaning up.

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel!

• Liked — Value of the hotel for the price
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 27, 2008

I had to book a room at the last minute for a week long stay and the HI Express offered the best rates and a free breakfast.

Parking was very cheap considering it was a safe, underground location.

Breakfast was dependable. On day one the serve eggs and bacon and on day two they serve omelets and sausage. It's a bit greasy but in addition there is a whole selection of breads, cereals, fruits, yogurts, coffee, tea, juice, etc.

The rooms were very comfortable, the beds soft and the shower agreeable. The hotel was always quite clean, even after it was clear that a hockey team had been frolicking around the hotel all night.

The front desk was always helpful, even when we kept changing the length of our stay.

I would recommend this hotel to business travellers or families.

• Liked — the dependability
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Calgary
Reviewed November 25, 2008

I just retuned from a stay at this hotel. First of all, I was not provided with the long term rate of $99 after repeatedly asking for this. Now I'm being told I should have asked for this rate when I made my reservation - I DID.

Upon returning home I received a letter that I had failed to show up for the first night of my stay and was being charged for the room. I did not make a reservation for that day. The mistake was made on their end. (this charge did eventually get reversed)

When I checked in and went to my room, there was already a person in this room - can you believe it!

I was given a new room that unfortunately suffered from a malfunctioning freezer which made loud noises. I was promised repairs and even another room - nothing happened. I requested to be contacted by a manager several times and this also never happened.

After placing several calls to find resolution for my problems I was treated disrepectful by staff was told that "they did not need my business". Instead of trying to rectify the situation, the staff was rude and argumentative. This is the worst example of customer service I have ever experienced and I will NEVER use this hotel again.

I have never left a review on a website before but felt compelled to do so this time because I am just so stunned at how badly we were treated. Do stay here!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The poor customer services and being over-charged for my room.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank travelbird15
High Wycombe, England
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Stayed here for 2 nights whilst we visited our son who is at university in Ontario. The room was very clean, bed was superbly comfortable and large and the whole hotel was efficient. Strangely the bedroom in our suite had no window which was great for a quiet night's sleep but a little odd. Would have given this 5 stars but for a party in the hotel parking lot both nights with loud music that could be heard in part of our suite. The people partying appeared to be hotel guests. Overall though well recommended.

• Liked — The excellent king bed
  • Disliked — Noisy party in parking lot
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Houston
Reviewed August 28, 2008

Awesome place to stay, very clean, very comfortably furnished, great breakfast and service.
We did get a parking charge that we weren't expecting though

• Liked — Had a great new feel about it
  • Disliked — Got charged a parking fee
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Toronto Ontario Canada
Reviewed July 25, 2008

we only stayed for a few days but found this hotel to be great. The staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. The rooms were clean comfortable, and extremely well organized. Parking was convenient although outside behind the hotel. The breakfast was fantastic with variety every morning (scrambled eggs, bacon etc one morning and cheese omelettes and sausage etc the next)
Would definitely stay here again. Great value for dollar.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family