Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Hotel Metro(London)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsturkey sausagemorrissey houseyogurtdundas streetunderground parkingcomplimentary breakfastfront desk staffbudweiser gardensbed was comfortablecheck in was quickwould stay againbar fridgeearly checkan upgradeone night stayking suitehockey tournament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We recently visited this area and stayed in this Holiday Inn location. Previous room had some issues. Front desk representatives did not have any suggestions about local restaurants or recommendations about places to visit. In the same time all coupons were located right on the wall and in the book about the hotel (which we eventually found in the room). Breakfast had limited amount of fruits and if you area late, you missed it. Location is really convenient and it is easy to get around.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

hawthornwoods,
When I read this review I was truly shocked to see that the Front Desk Staff did not have any suggestions as to restaurants in the area, for this I am sorry, as they are usually the ones who give lots of suggestions based on a selection of there own favourite restaurants. I have brought your review to the attention of the Guest Service Manager and she has informed me that they have already begun making a Menu Book for the Front Desk Agents to make sure that this does not happen again.
As for the fruit, we have been working on making sure that we have an over abundance as we have noticed that it go quite quickly and we want to make sure all guest have a chance to get a piece.
I am glad that you liked the central location and I hope that when you are back in the city you will give us another try.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I made an error with the online reservation (one night off) and Brittany Weiler (Manager) was understanding and friendly. She was able to drop the charges for the night we didn't show up. We stayed the following night. The hotel & location is lovely!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Joanne C,
Yes the location of the hotel is nicely central so you have quick access to an abundance of restaurants and things to do in London. There are other hotels near by as well so thank you for choosing ours.
Sometimes errors are made but I am thrilled that Brittany Weiler was able to help you rectify the situation. Making sure our guests are happy is our number 1 priority.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

i recently had to travel to london ontarion on board via rail....and what i loved about this hotel is that you can easily walk from the station to the hotel (lets say about 10 minutes) .Once arrived i was greeted by a very nice front desk person that made me feel super welcomed! I arrived at my room ,it was nice and clean and modern...the furniture is a bit on the big side but its ok...one thing that freaked me out was the slow elevators and one the 2 days i was there one was out of service and the elevator repairman never came back (but that is out of their hands and nothing could be done and its not the hotel's fault but as a reviwer i like to say exactly what happened during my stay). Would i reccomend this hotel? YES!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

torontogirl6910,
Thank you for the great review. I know people now-a-days fill their schedule with things, so for you to take a little bit of time out and write it for us is very appreciated.
It is good to know that from check-in to check-out you enjoyed your stay and we hope to be able to accommodate you again in the future.
Have a fantastic day.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay here very much! Great location~walking distance to everything we needed downtown. Upon arrival, we were allowed to check in early, upgraded to a junior suite, given complimentary under-ground parking, and offered late check-out as well! We felt like VIP's! Max on the front desk was very friendly and helpful. The suite was very clean, well-appointed and spacious. Appreciated the separate bedroom; the king size bed was very comfortable, it was dark & quiet, and the bathrobes (although we didn't use them) were a nice touch. Wi-Fi was fast and easy to use. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Cheryl G,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us.
I am glad you had such a wonderful stay and that the little touches we were able to do for you made it that much better.
Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown London with plenty of food options just around the corner.

The hotel is older but overall clean, rooms are large enough, the staff friendly and helpful. Booked online beforehand and had no issues checking in, although it took some time because the telephone was ringing permanently and only on person there to answer it and checking us in at the same time.

The ATM in the lobby thankfully accepts foreign debit cards what unfortunately is not the default for a lot of other ATMs.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Matthias S,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review of your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found that the location was good for your needs as well.
Hopefully if you are ever back in London Ontario we will have the pleasure of being your first choice for accommodations.