“On business”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown
Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Hotel staff were wonderful and helpful. New guy at the front desk was great to deal with and was very helpful in answering my questions. My business meetings were only a half block away so it was very convient for me to stay at this hotel. Cant wait to go back

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Rick L,
Thank you for taking the time to write a Review about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown.
It is always nice to read good things and I will definitely be letting our New Gentleman on the desk know that he was very pleasant and helpful during your time with us.
Thanks again and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown

Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night in early February for son's hockey tournament. Staff friendly at check in. Parking is not free and very tight underground. Park outside in upper level. Rooms are a bit small but were clean. Breakfast was busy but they tried to keep up with crowds. We stick to the cereal and toast and not the hot items. There is no pool at this location.

• Stayed: February 2013
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Soymoosemom,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we could provide you with the service that is expected when you go to hotels.
Not having a pool is definitely a draw back for some but we have worked out something with the YMCA that is directly across the street from us that our guests may use all of their facilities. If we do get the pleasure of accommodating you again please ask the Front Desk about this ammenity.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

My credit card was charged for a nite stay that didnt happen.Reservation was made and cancelled within 10 minutes but the hotel put charge through anyways.when called the hotel refused to refund and management refused to return calls.I have researched on the internet and it is a common problem.Will not booked with the chain again and will tell all contacts the same

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jackiewhi
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

jackiewhi,
I would lke to start by thanking you for taking the time to write up a reveiw about our hotel. It is through first hand experiences that we can make our hotel better.
I am not familiar with the exact incident in which you are talking about but it does sound like you booked an advance deposit reservation which is 100%non refundable. all other reservations money is not taken until check out.
If you would like to talk about this further and perhaps give me more information so that i can look into this i can be reached at 519-661-0233

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am unable to avail of their facilities as they decided to cancel a reservation made In december 2011 for a stay in mid march 1013 without advising me of this. I called to offer my card for a late arrival and was shocked to find that they had bumped me.
This treatment is unacceptable and their offer of an alternate room in a traditional 'roach motel' was unacceptable too.
I am forced to stay in a location much further from my event as well as at a higher price.
Thank you Holiday Inn Express for giving me one on the jaw.....

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Emdee1
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Emdee1,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with the hotel.
I am a little taken back that you were able to make a reservation in December of 2011 as our system was not open to book for March 2013 until March 2012 as there is a 364 day limit for reservations.
I understand your frustration with having to locate other accommodations and am happy to hear that you have.
If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at 519-661-0233

Reviewed February 26, 2013

WE stayed here for 2 nights at a weekend. Hotel is pretty basic, rooms were clean and comfortable. No complaints. Free breakfast in the morning is OK. Busy and no seats and very little food left when we got down at 9.30. Wasn't expecting much for a free breakfast though. Hotel is central and close to some nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators/ice machine as these are quite noisy all through the night.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Irish86_12,
Thank you for taking the timeto write up a reveiew abuot your recent stay with us.
I would like to apologize for the lack of food that wa in the Breakfast Bar at 9:30 on a weekend. The breakfast area is open until 10am and should be fully stocked until that time. This is definitely something I will be bringing up with the departmental Manager.
Overall i am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that if you are ever in the London area you will stay with us again.
Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I found myself in London for (another) hockey tournament! The team stayed in this hotel as did several other teams in the tournament. It is quite new, so everything was impeccably clean and beds comfortable. The rooms are a touch on the small side, but not a big deal as we were not in the room for long periods of time. Nice to have a fridge and coffee maker in the room. Breakfast served each morning although we did not take advantage of that. Staff was quite accommodating and friendly and although there were several young hockey players staying at the time there was no disruption or noise in the halls - different than many tournaments we've been to before so not sure if that was a function of the building construction or coincidence. Parking underground is rather "tight" so I'd recommend parking upstairs (outside) if you have a large vehicle. Close to restaurants, etc. downtown London...just down from the Armories. No swimming pool / hot tub (which did not matter to us during our stay).

Room Tip: Away from the elevators if possible to avoid the "ping" each time the elevator arrives on...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Mia-H68,
Thank you for taking the time to write up a reveiw about your recent stay with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is fantastic to know that there was no disturbances from the teams.
I hope that if you are ever in the London area again we are your choice for accommodations.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

My hubby and I went to London for his company party, they put us up in the Holiday Inn Downtown. The rooms are clean, have a fridge and coffee maker. The location was excellent, close to the Western Fair Grounds where the horse racing and slots are. Lots of parking, there are some underground spots, but we chose to park out back for very easy access to the door. We really enjoyed the hot continental free breakfast, plenty of food, lots of variety. We found the location very accessible to all the major attractions. While your there check out Palasads, it has it all. Check my review out, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank brenda c
SaraDonkervoort, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites London Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

623brenda,
It is always nice to read positive comments from people.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of some of the things London has to offer.
We look forward to being able to accommodate you again in the future.